Sponsored by:

Macadamia and sand

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 12:40 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I prefer the natural brown because I think I would be too hard on that lighter tan. As it is I need to be a bit careful with the nat. brown. Love that Canadian cab!
Old 06-15-2009, 01:01 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You might want to look into a two-tone interior - black/sand.

That should look pretty good. And will eliminate the glare inherent with a lighter colored dash.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:14 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
You might want to look into a two-tone interior - black/sand.

That should look pretty good. And will eliminate the glare inherent with a lighter colored dash.
I got some sunglasses which I later found were polarized. Does a great job on cutting almost all the glare. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to read the instrument panels in my cars but it's not a problem. If I sway my head side to side, it does black out some screens but it's fine under normal driving conditions. I guess it all depends on the angle between the polarized lenses.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:22 AM
richc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the sand in 2 of my 911's - only problem I've seen with it is if you wear jeans - and they are the only long pants I wear - the color will transfer to the seats over time. It's never been a lot, but you'll get a blue tint to them.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:45 PM
lockmk
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default macadamia metallic

I have a 997.2S in macadamia. After seeing the sand interior on another car I was sure I didn't want that. It reminded me of bad rental car interiors...
I chose a full black interior with leather sports seats. The combination of macadamia and black is, obviously, quite dark. However, I live by the sunny Pacific Ocean and find the metallic sparkles really nicely most of the time. I'm forever getting comments like 'wow, is that a factory color?' or 'i love your car' from all kinds of people and not just the die-hards.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

It's nice to see a brown color make it back into the list of available colors. It's been some time. Brown is a color that comes and goes in popularity. (Sort of like green, only it's worse for green). As such, it's a color that will not prove popular over the long haul. As some of us old timers with Porsche know, we can look at a particular color and know within a year or two, what the model year is of that car. This is another reason why silver is popular. Not only does it hide dirt and dust well, but silver is relatively ageless,--it's much harder to look at a silver Porsche and know the year of manufacture by that color, alone.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:10 PM
boolala
Race Car

Originally Posted by lockmk
I have a 997.2S in macadamia. After seeing the sand interior on another car I was sure I didn't want that. It reminded me of bad rental car interiors...
Yes, that's if you are accustomed to renting Ferraris from Hertz.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:46 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Default I have seriously been thinking of Macadamia .....

and Carrera Red in a 997TT Cab. I really like the MAC but need a color that will provide a real compliment on it
Old 06-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Jlangmd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxsterG
and Carrera Red in a 997TT Cab. I really like the MAC but need a color that will provide a real compliment on it
How about throwing some green contrast stitching in just to really make a statement. That statement of course being "I didn't ask my wife what she thought". Or maybe "I inherited all my wealth".

That said, it is unlikely that you will ever meet another Mac and Carrera red turbo.

Also, check out the Nordic Gold with Sea Blue full leather. Nothing says "I don't suffer from epilepsy" like Nordic gold and blue!

Quick Reply: Macadamia and sand