Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NY Tri-State "Rumble to ALMS @ Lime Rock - Benefitting CFSRF" - July 18th

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NY Tri-State "Rumble to ALMS @ Lime Rock - Benefitting CFSRF" - July 18th

Hey guys,

Bob and I are back from our Charity drive to VT and what a blast it was! Looks like everyone had a great time who came out and we were able to raise $1606 for ALS and DAV. Thanks again everyone!

I know everyone is itching for another drive so here it is! We will be taking a nice drive to the ALMS Race @ Lime Rock. For those who are not familiar with ALMS (http://www.americanlemans.com) it is a professional race that features prototypes and GT cars (Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, etc.). Lime Rock is a great place to watch a race as you are able to walk around the park and have different view points of the race.

Bob and I would also like to continue the tradition of driving for a cause. This time we will be benefitting the "Children of Fallen Soldiers Relief Fund" (www.cfsrf.org). The fund provides College Grants and Financial Assistance to surviving children and spouses of our U.S. military service members who have lost their lives in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. We will also be benefitting the fund with a raffle for a complimentary track day at Monticello Motorclub.

Caravan Details
Date: Saturday, July 18th
Time: 7:00 AM
Meeting Location: TBD
Registration/Donation: $20 per car (100% of the proceeds will go to "Children of Fallen Soldiers Relief Fund")
Raffle for chance to win a Track Day at Monticello Motorclub: $10 each or Three for $25 (100% of the proceeds will go to "Children of Fallen Soldiers Relief Fund")

ALMS Tickets (optional)
Tickets are $60/pp for the Saturday events and will need to be purchased individually at: Click HERE for tickets
Of course this is optional. You can come along for the drive and then head back when we arrive at Lime Rock.

ALMS schedule of events: Click HERE for Schedule of Events

If interested in joining us, please reply to the 993 Thread (Click HERE).

Please keep your eye out on the 993 thread as this will be the only version that will be updated.

Last edited by Arrwin; 06-10-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

I hope we can get some 997 guys to join the run. It's a great cause and the American LeMans is an outstanding race. Hope you will consider joining the fun.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:16 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
I hope we can get some 997 guys to join the run. It's a great cause and the American LeMans is an outstanding race. Hope you will consider joining the fun.
Hey bob, if i'm around I will definitely join. BTW, how was PSDS and the drive?
Old 06-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

Chris, The Masters program was incredible, lots of track time, good direction from the instructors and also drove the PDK Carrera S and a new TT with a tip. I had the best time, by the second day I knew every turn in my head before I got there.
The trip was great; I stayed overnight in Knoxville and drove the Dragon and an even better route called the Cherohala Skyway through the Smokey Mountains all morning. Without a doubt, the finest roads I've traveled. The elevation was as high as 5500 feet and almost no cars, just a few bikes. You won't regret it, go for it. When I see you next month, I'll bring a map and show you some cool routes in Tn/NC and the Tail of the Dragon! 318 curves in 11 miles

p.s. the pic in my avitar was taken on my trip, smooth roads, lots of curves just the way I like it!!

Last edited by Bob in NY; 06-12-2009 at 07:43 AM.

Quick Reply: NY Tri-State "Rumble to ALMS @ Lime Rock - Benefitting CFSRF" - July 18th