Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone know Motor Werks/Rudy Baum near Chicago?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 02:47 PM
skinnywhite
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know Motor Werks/Rudy Baum near Chicago?

Hi All. I'm looking at a car on the internet that is at a dealership outside of Chicago called Motor Werks. Curious if anyone has ever been there or had any dealings with them. I spoke to a Rudy Baum. If anyone knows them or of them I always like to have some sort of reco. before I go to far...
Old 06-06-2009, 02:54 PM
JHoffman
Intermediate

MW is top notch. I have not ever got a car from them but for the 2 years I lived in chicago I never heard anything bad about them. They are huge and from what I have seen run a top notch gig.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:59 PM
skinnywhite
Intermediate

thanks.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:44 PM
bbrc76
Advanced

MW is solid - my family has purchased 5 vehicles from them over the past 10 years. I will admit that they make mistakes like any dealership / large business, but whats impressive is how they address the problems professionally and in a timely fashion.

I don't know Rudy. I work with a salesman named John Karoumi. I have known John for the past 15 years, as I used to work as a porter while in highschool, and John has been selling cars for a long time.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:51 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They wouldn't even match a deal I had in writing at another dealer for an SL500 several years ago. They said "No Way."

I bought an E320 there a few years ago and paid MSRP for it. When I went ot pick up my license plates there was nobody to put them on and I had to do it myself in their parking lot.

My cousin paid over MSRP for an SL65 there in the past.

Don't think that I would try to buy another car from them in the future.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:17 AM
hello911
Intermediate

i've tried to schedule service there but consistently get voice-mail. strange.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Always been very helpful to me, and supportive of PCA members in Chicago Metroland. Good guys.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Default But why???

Originally Posted by boolala
My cousin paid over MSRP for an SL65 there in the past.
Why on earth would you pay over sticker for a Mercedes SL65? With 8 MB dealers in the area these cars are so common around Chicago they virtually fall out of grocery store label Corn Flake boxes.

Outside Hugo's Frog Bar, Gibsons and Tavern Rush valeted SL65 owners have to specify their car by the brand and color of the after market wheels.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:28 AM
boolala
Race Car

It was just released at the time. Very shortly afterwards Autohaus on Edens had them at sticker.

He buys all of his cars at MW for some reason. Doesn't care that he pays too much.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:20 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Le Chef
Why on earth would you pay over sticker for a Mercedes SL65? With 8 MB dealers in the area these cars are so common around Chicago they virtually fall out of grocery store label Corn Flake boxes.

Outside Hugo's Frog Bar, Gibsons and Tavern Rush valeted SL65 owners have to specify their car by the brand and color of the after market wheels.

same is true of Bentley and Porsche owners however...
Old 06-09-2009, 11:40 AM
sdw999
Instructor

Originally Posted by skinnywhite
Hi All. I'm looking at a car on the internet that is at a dealership outside of Chicago called Motor Werks. Curious if anyone has ever been there or had any dealings with them. I spoke to a Rudy Baum. If anyone knows them or of them I always like to have some sort of reco. before I go to far...
I have never dealt with them, and never heard any negative feedback. Not much help there.

I was curious as to which vehicle you are looking at? They have a Carrera White GT3 up there right now. I think it's an 07.

Quick Reply: anyone know Motor Werks/Rudy Baum near Chicago?