Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre-delivery questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 08:23 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Ok, I am up and ready to wait...I have alot of things to do in the house, like clean, laundry, etc.....I dreamt about it showing up last night. Of course, it was an odd dream and I won't elaborate!
Old 06-07-2009, 08:47 AM
jlinmd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All that anticipation....

It's not good when it's in your dream!!!! Have fun!
Old 06-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

any news??
Old 06-07-2009, 07:55 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Not yet......driver called and said he could not get here until tomorrow morning which creates alot of upheval in my office! I am totally bummed. got the old car ready to go, plates off, etc. for some reason, this seems like a long dream. Now, tomorrow, I have to come home, get the car, give back the old car and return to the office in my Lexus Gx 470. My dogs will be at the kennel tomorrow, so I can't even drive the car until tomorrow night!!!!!!! No, I can't take the day off. I am a doctor and all of my appointments are booked months in advance! But, I guess that is the price to pay for having the opportunity to own a great car! I promise I did get a car!

Last edited by DRJMK; 06-07-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

it's going to be a long night:-)

But you won't even remember this after tomorrow' GL with the new ride.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:20 AM
RSKY BIZ
Shark Slayer
Rennlist Member

Location: 'BETWEEN NORTH STAR BOROUGH...& THE CONCH REPUBLIC'
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LOOK WHO COULD USE A 'DOCTOR'S NOTE!'

Originally Posted by DRJMK
Not yet......driver called and said he could not get here until tomorrow morning which creates alot of upheval in my office! I am totally bummed. got the old car ready to go, plates off, etc. for some reason, this seems like a long dream. Now, tomorrow, I have to come home, get the car, give back the old car and return to the office in my Lexus Gx 470. My dogs will be at the kennel tomorrow, so I can't even drive the car until tomorrow night!!!!!!! No, I can't take the day off. I am a doctor and all of my appointments are booked months in advance! But, I guess that is the price to pay for having the opportunity to own a great car! I promise I did get a car!
DRJMK-

Someone could sure use a 'doctor's note' about now!
(For all the ones we write over time, jeepers.)

Just living vicariously through your delivery!
I hope the 'delivery driver' doesn't rack up too many miles for you!

Soon!
Doc
Old 06-08-2009, 11:12 AM
jk335
Instructor

Originally Posted by DRJMK
AMEN... finally I hear of a Dr. who will keep their prior committments over a car/golf. Sounds like you really deserve this drive. I sure as heck can't wait to see this car. i bet it's amazing!
Old 06-08-2009, 12:34 PM
kimf70
Rennlist Member

DrJMK

How is the weather in SC? I hope its sunny and bright. Hopefully you get to drive it today.
Is it being delivered on a covered carriage? Post some pics as soon as able. Enjoy your new ride! I am excited for you.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:11 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

It's here........it came this morning and I am going to post the delivery pics. The driver's name is Jose and it arrived in one piece, but dusty. I am going to wash it and then take real pics, but here's some prelims...the car is atlas grey, black full leather, PDK with SCP plus, multifunction wheel, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, carerra classics with PS2's, XM, nav, ipod, universal, etc. All I can say is wow! I have only driven it in the neighborhood right now. tomorrow, it goes to work.
Attached Images    
Old 06-08-2009, 07:22 PM
RSKY BIZ
Shark Slayer
Rennlist Member

Location: 'BETWEEN NORTH STAR BOROUGH...& THE CONCH REPUBLIC'
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SAFE AND SOUND!!

Congrats and Miles of Smiles!
(Keep those questions coming, so some of us can learn!)

Doc
Old 06-08-2009, 07:47 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats! She's a beaut!

Too bad the dealer didn't spring for a covered carrier to protect against potential flying stones and debris doing damage to the finish during that long haul. Hope it arrived in perfect condition. Can't wait to see more pics.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:49 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Beautiful car. I know it has been a long wait for you. Congratulations, and enjoy your new car.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:23 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Thank you all! The XM is already on, but the sound of that engine is unreal! I am getting ready to wash and then take some pics. I'll post more tomorrow. Did anyone say 'permagrin' is back for me! My nephew loves the new 'dato-wheel' aka batmobile. He said 'oh, wow, new datowheel, Jenny' ! That's a nice ride! it will probably take me a week to sort it all out. all I can say is Chris and Porsche of North Olmstead have been an excellent organization to work with. The Ventureshield is installed and is seamless. The Lojack is installed and in an unknown position for me. I am totally thrilled with my purchase!!! I ordered some goodies from Phil at detailers domain, namely the swissvax and I am going to detail the car probably tomorrow night or this Friday.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:25 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OCBen
Congrats! She's a beaut!

Too bad the dealer didn't spring for a covered carrier to protect against potential flying stones and debris doing damage to the finish during that long haul. Hope it arrived in perfect condition. Can't wait to see more pics.
I didn't find out until today that it wasn't covered, but it arrived, in one piece and dusty. Thanks, Ben! i always look forward to your comments on this board!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:27 PM
vexed
Racer

It will be a huge change from the M6, looks great, glad your wait is over.

Quick Reply: Pre-delivery questions