Sponsored by:

997.2 Bluetooth question

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 03:54 PM
ds2k1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kimf70
Yes. PCM recognizes the blackberry (storm) as well as the iphone 3G. Both of the phones also recognize the PCM. They are paired successfully as per message from the iphone, the blackberry and the PCM. What happens after that is puzzling. Both of the phones do not appear on the device list. I am hoping that the reprogramming the PCM to HFA will work as suggested by Adam 2S. Will keep you updated.
+1
Old 06-01-2009, 06:38 PM
kimf70
Rennlist Member

Default Code needed

Just got a call from the dealer.

I dropped off the car this morning to have the universal audio interface installed. I asked them to turn on the HFA as noted above. I just got a call from them stating that they need a code from Germany as it will take 24 hours to get it.
I am planning on picking up the vehicle today and return to the dealer when they have the code. What a headache.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:29 PM
kimf70
Rennlist Member

Update.

The service manager listed "no bluetooth module installed". The tech was not able to switch the mode to HFA. Furthermore, I had the Universal Audio Adapter installed today but non-functional. He tells me that the code is needed and it would take at least 24 hours... hmmm... I picked up the car and plan on returning it when the code is avail. Oh well.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Adam2S
Instructor

What?? That makes no sense at all.... Do you have the Telephone Module (Option 666) installed? If so then it is 100% certain that it supports bluetooth! You have seen partial bluetooth integration working so how they can tell you it doesnt have bluetooth is beyond me! They are seriously mixed up and are confusing your car as not having the bluetooth only module with not having bluetooth capability at all....

It doesnt need a code from germany either - thats also BS**t! I imaging it might need a code to install the bluetooth module but this will cost you money and not what you want if you already have Option 666.

The mode you want is HFP (not HFA)... My dealer described it as "iphone compatibility mode", but in reality it is changing the bluetooth mode from SAP to HFP.

SAP is pretty new and isnt supported by many many phones hence why it often doent work. Take the car straight back again and insist they change the mode again - try asking for "iphone compatability" instead of HFP - it might help.

I personally stood next to the engineer while he did my car, I can assure you the option is there if they know what they are looking for.

Sometimes Im stunned by the lack of knowledge dealerships and service engineers have about the cars they sell!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Just to give you guys a heads up; I had a client whom I sold a cayenne with the CDRM30 radio (Bose aswell)- when we sold the car to him, we were told that bluetooth would be available as a retro fit.

7 months forward, we recieved the module. Only its for 'PCM 3.0 equipped cars only'.

WTF.

He complains to Porsche (I told him to) and they told him "when your dealer told you that, they were correct based on the information we had. But things have changed."

He told them: "Give me bluetooth or buy the car back from me. Simple"

LOLZ. yikes.........
Old 06-02-2009, 01:26 PM
stevebmd
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stoppie, i think the customer has a point....my father inlaw had a similar experience with benz when the nav was cd based on the E 430. Upon buying his car He was told by dealer that they would upgrade him to dvd nav when it came out...guess who got a brand new car one year later because the comand module had changed.....
Old 06-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If you have the 666 telephone module option that puts a fully functioning cell phone into the car, then you have some basic bluetooth functionality built into that option. This is because the optional external handset for the 666 telephone that used to be corded to the car, is now a wireless device and communicates with the built in phone by, you guessed it, bluetooth. However, that capability need only be as much as a bluetooth headset profile (HSP) which is pretty common, but doesn't provide any of the functionality to operate in a hands-free mode.

So while it may be possible to pair a bluetooth cell phone with a 666 telephone equipped PCM, I'm not convinced that the 666 module, out of the box, lets you switch to full bluetooth hands-free-profile (HFP) mode, where your cell phone is then the functioning phone (transmitter using its own antenna).
Old 06-09-2009, 10:36 PM
florindi
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a problem where I can hear the other caller very well. But, the other callers say I sound muffled and distant.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:59 AM
kimf70
Rennlist Member

Finally got the code from germany (as per local dealer).
Universal Audio Interface is working perfectly now. I also got the plates installed. Feels complete.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ok, so the Universal Audio Interface install and activation (via the code from PAG in Germany) went well.

But what about the Bluetooth issue. How did that resolve? (since its the topic of the thread). Is the result that, since there was no installed module, you don't have that Hands Free Profile (HFP) option?
Old 06-18-2009, 09:07 AM
Apollo
2nd Gear

Just to confirm that Adam2S is 100% correct. I have a 997.2 with option 666 (telephone module) and although I could pair my iphone 3G, it didn't work because the iphone does not support SAP (Sim Access Profile), one of the 20+ bluetooth protocols. It took the dealer 5min to change the PCM from SAP to HFP (hands free protocol). No code is required. Works great. All the functionality you need. Note that you can't use the PCM phone anymore with the in-dash sim card, but why would you still want that? I can also play music from the iphone and then make a phone call. The music will automatically stop, ......but not come back on. You need to reselect the song for that. Not a big issue.

cheers,
Old 06-18-2009, 09:57 AM
kimf70
Rennlist Member

Will ya read the post. Hate to be repeating myself again. As described on the very first posting on this thread, I DO NOT have the bluetooth module nor the phone module (666). Oddly enough, I am able to pair my iphone 3G with the PCM via bluetooth. Bottom line is that, I don't have the phone capability on the P-car through bluetooth. I DO have the universal audio active.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:21 PM
ds2k1
Racer

Originally Posted by kimf70
Will ya read the post. Hate to be repeating myself again. As described on the very first posting on this thread, I DO NOT have the bluetooth module nor the phone module (666). Oddly enough, I am able to pair my iphone 3G with the PCM via bluetooth. Bottom line is that, I don't have the phone capability on the P-car through bluetooth. I DO have the universal audio active.
My situation exactly. Very frustrating to see the devices recognize each other, then do nothing. Must be a software override that prevents the devices from doing anything beyond recognition.

By the way, what is the "phone module" option? I don't even recall seeing that on the options list...
Old 01-26-2011, 09:40 AM
mirhej
1st Gear

Hi all....just bought an '09 C4S and it's working flawlessly. Two questions re: telephone (in my case iPhone 4). 1) Is it possible to create a frequently called list of numbers in PCM? I have 500 phone numbers and just to call my wife becomes an effort (that didn't come out right....). 2) Any way to default to the "first name first" list to organize the data, that is, instead of last name first?
Old 01-26-2011, 08:06 PM
TooSixy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mirhej
Hi all....just bought an '09 C4S and it's working flawlessly. Two questions re: telephone (in my case iPhone 4). 1) Is it possible to create a frequently called list of numbers in PCM? I have 500 phone numbers and just to call my wife becomes an effort (that didn't come out right....). 2) Any way to default to the "first name first" list to organize the data, that is, instead of last name first?
I don't know the answer to #1, but for #2, it's not possible. It's always Last Name first.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Bluetooth question