Sponsored by:

997.2 C4S On Track

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:42 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by mkk62
mdrums you should post that video of my 997,1 c2s with 6 spd following you with your pdk...997.2 definitely faster epsecially vs your tiptronic that you had...i am waiting for my supercharger to come in so i can pass you
mk
Mike, I am at Sebring right now...had a great day not many here in solo run group with lots of open track. Track is hot a greasy so my laps are 2:31-32's. Car is running awesome.

I think this is the video of MKK62 and me at Sebring
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRe34...&feature=email

mmkk62 correct if i am wrong...your car has full headers, 200 cell cats free flow mufflers, ecu flash, GT3 control arms. mkk62 is a fast driver too. My 09 is stock excelt I took the mufflers off and just use the center muffler fo more sound. Both of us are on Toyo R888. I am still learning my new 09 Carrera S and am finding a lot more momentum in the corners.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:43 PM
RSKY BIZ
Shark Slayer
Rennlist Member

Location: 'BETWEEN NORTH STAR BOROUGH...& THE CONCH REPUBLIC'
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A 'PLAY-DATE' AT SEBRING!!

mdrums-

Great video! Wow! You sure DID have the run of the track!
I've never seen Sebring so empty! I can only imagine the rush it must have been!

Curious - was the payload about the same in the two cars... the 'body count', if you will?

Safe Laps... and keep the video streaming!
Thanks-
Doc
Old 05-31-2009, 10:42 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by RSKY BIZ
mdrums-

Great video! Wow! You sure DID have the run of the track!
I've never seen Sebring so empty! I can only imagine the rush it must have been!

Curious - was the payload about the same in the two cars... the 'body count', if you will?

Safe Laps... and keep the video streaming!
Thanks-
Doc
That day was a good turn out, it is just mkk62 and I got out front of everyone. I actually weight 242lbs...mkk62 probably weights 150-60lbs. I am a big guy at 6'5" tall. His car being a 6speed is probably lighter too.

I had a great weekend again this weekend at Sebring. The car performed awesome..I was driving in a great zone and things were happening perfectly and my lap times were very good. Too bad I will not be at the track this summer as it looks.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:22 PM
RSKY BIZ
Shark Slayer
Rennlist Member

Location: 'BETWEEN NORTH STAR BOROUGH...& THE CONCH REPUBLIC'
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdrums
That day was a good turn out, it is just mkk62 and I got out front of everyone. I actually weight 242lbs...mkk62 probably weights 150-60lbs. I am a big guy at 6'5" tall. His car being a 6speed is probably lighter too.

I had a great weekend again this weekend at Sebring. The car performed awesome..I was driving in a great zone and things were happening perfectly and my lap times were very good. Too bad I will not be at the track this summer as it looks.
Congrats on the great weekend!
I was asking about payload because it looks like mkk62 had a pax, that might have contributed to his consistent ability to 'record your aft quarters!'

Sorry to hear you won't be pursuing your passion on the track this summer -- sometimes life throws us 'priorities' ... this I know.

OTOH, mkk62, nice video -- who is going to be in charge of the camera, filming YOUR butt, when you get SC'd??

Safe Laps!
Doc
Old 06-01-2009, 09:50 PM
mdrums
Race Director

No not on that run...he was solo as I remember.

I need to get a camera in my car. I have a little Aiptek and suction cup mount but the video comes out upside down due to the way I have to mount it.

mkk62 has a roll bar so he can mount right side up. I think my quick time program will allow me to flip the video.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:00 PM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

rksy bz joking about the supercharger...just need to approach the skills of mdrums

i have all those mods except stock cats..(car came with the fabspeed headers and mufflers) we were both solo the first part of the video , i was running too low pressures (33-34) should be in the uppper 30's.... the second half we both had passengers..you can see in the second part of the video that the red car pulls on me on the long straight.definitely a faster car...luv those black wheels...

mike hope you can make RA in august..
mk
Old 06-01-2009, 11:23 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
No not on that run...he was solo as I remember.

I need to get a camera in my car. I have a little Aiptek and suction cup mount but the video comes out upside down due to the way I have to mount it.

mkk62 has a roll bar so he can mount right side up. I think my quick time program will allow me to flip the video.
try getting a flip video cam and and a windshield suction cup mount. they don't get the hands/shifting but it's a cheap, easy solution.

brendan

from my flip --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxFdt...e=channel_page

Last edited by brendo; 06-01-2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: added link

Quick Reply: 997.2 C4S On Track