Old 05-21-2009, 11:37 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-21-2009, 11:54 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,878 Likes on 1,518 Posts

I'd been wondering the same thing (Got a 08 C2, maybe a 09 C2S would be better..) but not because it's faster but more because it's got bits my car doesn't have. Like PASM, better brakes, Xenon etc.

But then as some say the 09 C2 has many of these things now so maybe an 09 C2 is what I need. But then if I'm changing then better to change to an S because it is "better".

Nope - in the end I reckon I'll just stick with and enjoy the 08 C2.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:03 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nosubt2
I have been instructing in P cars for 20 years.
My opinion from years of observation is this
Everyone should learn in the slowest but best handling car they can get. EX. 944.
students that start in High HP cars do not learn how to drive the track and use everything you can to maximize the corner. They do what I call "point and shoot". Turn the wheel wait until the apex and mash the throttle. Slam on the brakes turn and do it all again. There is not much setup to do on the car.
In a lower HP car one can learn to slide the car on all four. One learns how to set the car with shocks, sway bars, rotate the car with throttle and brake.
Do you want the bragging rights to be the fastest or bragging rights that you were able to keep up with a much faster car because your car handled better and you drove it to the limit. I just love to chase down a high HP car.
One of the best experiences I can relate was that I had soloed and spent some weekends running around Roebling Road. I asked our Chief driving Instructor what I needed to do to make my car faster. He asked what my times were. I told him a 1:35 in my SC. He got in my car and in two laps was doing a 1:29.
His recommendation, drive what I have until I get near his time and then do one thing to the car to make it faster.

Mark
amen!

give a good driver a car with brakes that won't blow up and he'll run the doors off cars with far more HP/wt and a mediocre wheelman. i love using my Jetta to get big in the mirrors of owners of true exotics who believe the car makes the times.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:07 AM
afridi
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

We have a very good driver in our club who turned up in a mini. When he would catch up to all matter of "better" cars they wouldn't give him a point by! Thats what I want to be able to do someday.

Quick Reply: c2 vs C2S