Sponsored by:

modded up

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 06:42 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default modded up

got the wheels/tires/suspension/exhaust/tint/etc in....

-riley

B4: http://www.luxury4play.com/porsche/23786-997-d.html
Old 05-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 166 Posts

You wouldn't make it two blocks with rap-star-tint that dark here in L.A. The cops get nervous when they can't see in, especially the windshield!
Love the wheels, though.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:45 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Leader
You wouldn't make it two blocks with rap-star-tint that dark here in L.A. The cops get nervous when they can't see in, especially the windshield!
Love the wheels, though.
i cant wear contacts and i cant stand having to keep glasses and Rx sunglasses on me so the car provides sunglasses for me.. and is not meant to be 'rap-star-tint' , cops here in florida really dont care and pretty much have the same on their cars... LOL most of the cops have the same especially on the UC cars.... Cali is way too strict on everything... all the emissions stuff too.. would suck :-/ doubt they would put up with the radar/laser detectors/jammers as well... no CA for me!

with the top down, the front tint isnt even noticeable looking at the car, but very noticeable from inside the car.. especially driving into the setting sun

Old 05-21-2009, 12:00 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Rily, congrats! You need to mod up the Volk center caps with a Porsche emblem.

Did Vortex take good care of you?

Great pics by the way. I use to keep my boat at Home Port year ago. I miss boating up that way. When all this rain stops we need to get together for dinner and some pics.

So when are you going to do a track day with me. Chin Motorsports...sign up I will help you out!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:12 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mdrums
Rily, congrats! You need to mod up the Volk center caps with a Porsche emblem.

Did Vortex take good care of you?

Great pics by the way. I use to keep my boat at Home Port year ago. I miss boating up that way. When all this rain stops we need to get together for dinner and some pics.

So when are you going to do a track day with me. Chin Motorsports...sign up I will help you out!
center caps are on order and still a month out... the color isnt standard and the caps they had some problems with so remaking 'flat" caps now..

Vortex was AWESOME.... beyond awesome... wish i had more stuff to put on as service was great, pricing was great, everything real good...

track day.. idk.. i love driving spirited but i only push it about 50/60%... anything over like 75% i feel uneasy so idk about pushing it ***** to the wall...

home port is about 3 minutes from me so least you know where im at now... far from you!... call me whenever... i pretty much am doing nothing everyday now since everything is slow.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:22 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
center caps are on order and still a month out... the color isnt standard and the caps they had some problems with so remaking 'flat" caps now..

Vortex was AWESOME.... beyond awesome... wish i had more stuff to put on as service was great, pricing was great, everything real good...

track day.. idk.. i love driving spirited but i only push it about 50/60%... anything over like 75% i feel uneasy so idk about pushing it ***** to the wall...

home port is about 3 minutes from me so least you know where im at now... far from you!... call me whenever... i pretty much am doing nothing everyday now since everything is slow.
as a beginner at the track you will not be pushing it like you think. Your 1st time there you will have a blast...all my students do...and you will maybe see about 50-60% of what the car is capable of. On the other hand you will leave a much better driver and have a great sense of your newl gained skills and you will feel more comfortable with the car.

see ya soon! mike
Old 05-21-2009, 01:17 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice . . . . . blue . . . . . building.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:29 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by OCBen
Nice . . . . . blue . . . . . building.
lol.. blocks the sun and provides a good environment for pics imo... plus the uglier the background/foreground the better the car looks ;-)
Old 05-21-2009, 02:21 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
lol.. blocks the sun and provides a good environment for pics imo... plus the uglier the background/foreground the better the car looks ;-)

It's a great look in an industrial setting. We just don't have those around here!
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2009, 02:52 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

i dont see any wear marks on your top... mine has like 6 distinct wear marks... have no clue how to avoid :-(
Old 05-21-2009, 05:24 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

got a few pm's asking for top down..

Quick Reply: modded up