Sponsored by:

This much oil burning normal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:55 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevepow
I say, when 12 yo girls start driving Porsches, then change your avatar - and no sooner.

While I do think it is a provocative photo, there's not really one thing objectionable about it really - other than perhaps that it is provocative. Some would have the world dumbed down so much that we could all be on Prozac or locked in pods like on the Matrix - I feel compelled to find an equally interesting avatar myself, but what with the Prozac and all, I have no imagination left.

Ya'll keep your kids out of the museums - keep 'em outta France, for that matter.
keep 'em away from Dave Letterman!
Old 06-27-2009, 03:33 AM
ds2k1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevepow
I say, when 12 yo girls start driving Porsches, then change your avatar - and no sooner.

While I do think it is a provocative photo, there's not really one thing objectionable about it really - other than perhaps that it is provocative. Some would have the world dumbed down so much that we could all be on Prozac or locked in pods like on the Matrix - I feel compelled to find an equally interesting avatar myself, but what with the Prozac and all, I have no imagination left.

Ya'll keep your kids out of the museums - keep 'em outta France, for that matter.
I am in love with your avatar. And you speak words of wisdom, my friend.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:19 AM
hlee1169
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Edgy01
If it's reading the minimum (and giving you a warning) put in a quart.

It sounds like you have one of the engines that uses oil.
After the warning and I put in half a quart, I checked my oil level again after the engine is warmed up, and it still read the minimum. What is going on...I put in 1 1/2 quarts of 0W-40 in the last week alone. I'd better check for oil spot on the garage floor.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:31 PM
RED HORSE
Race Car

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

Well, I for one find the electronic oil level monitoring works quite well. I follow the instructions in the operator's manual and haven't had any problems. I always check my oil after a drive, usually 50 miles or more, and check it in my garage. I haven't had any problems checking the oil at all, in fact, I have a rather long driveway (garage at the rear of the house) and by the time I park in the garage and initiate the oil level check the wait is usually less than 30 seconds.

Quick Reply: This much oil burning normal?