Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche's Service Commitment Deteriorating?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 131 Posts

Their latest customer satisfaction rating has them in 11th place,--behind Lincoln.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:16 PM
V-Vo/t
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not in the business so this is just my .02, but it seems to me that in this economy something has to give. We can't expect to pay rock bottom prices for the cars, which certainly affects both PAG and the dealers bottom lines, then turn around and expect the same service we had when we were paying a premium for the cars. I'd prefer Porsche to do what they have to do to stay finacially strong than see them be bought by some other group.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:57 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by russo
The exhaust is a Sharkwerks.
What do they (Sharkwerks) have to say about it?

Last edited by MUSSBERGER; 05-20-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:08 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
What do they have to say about it?
They are not saying anything against Sharkwerks, only that they believe the aftermarket exhaust is to blame. They now want the tech to install the original and check to see if it still leaks oil.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:11 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Their latest customer satisfaction rating has them in 11th place,--behind Lincoln.
Up until a year ago I wouldn't believe this claim. However, with the current situation and the fact that many Rennlister's have experienced similar situations leads me to believe that Porsche needs to save those Pennies so that they continue to hope and pray that their buyout of VW is successful.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:17 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Up until a year ago I wouldn't believe this claim. However, with the current situation and the fact that many Rennlister's have experienced similar situations leads me to believe that Porsche needs to save those Pennies so that they continue to hope and pray that their buyout of VW is successful.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:48 PM
skizot
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A company that warranties anything, car, electronics, anything, has to prove or show how a modification caused the failure. This is the law. There are consumer protection laws that all companies in the US that offer a warranty are govern by. I speak from experience from this with the company I work for.

Unless the dealer can provide you with proof positive how an exhaust caused the failure, they cannot deny your warranty claim. I would suggest asking them to prove how one thing relates to the other, in writing from Porsche.

Stand your ground. I guess I am just lucky. My local Porsche dealership has been awesome. They don't give me crap about anything like this. WTF.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:56 AM
aron in toronto
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche TSB from 997gt3 forum.

Models: 911 GT3/GT3RS (997)
Model Year: 2007-2008
Concern: Engine oil leaks.
Information: Supporting the dealer organization in complex fault finding on technically challenging and costintensive
components is of highest importance for Porsche to ensure long-lasting customer
satisfaction.
Dealers should not carry out any repair attempts for 997 GT3 and GT3RS engine oil leaks before first
consulting their technical support group with Porsche Cars North America. This includes oil leaks from
the front and rear crankshaft sealing rings, the crankcase mating surfaces, cylinder head mating surfaces,
oil cooling components and oil pipes.
Porsche requests complete, detailed case information when a 997 GT3 or GT3RS engine is found to
have oil leaks
. This includes a verification of the vehicle’s detailed repair history (even beyond PQIS &
Warranty history), a verification of the exact area of leakage with sharp, high-resolution pictures as well
as a verification of any and all technical modifications on the vehicle
(e.g. non-Porsche exhaust
systems
). A vehicle analysis log is also requested for these cases.

Russo, I'm sure you've seen this, but for others it may be news.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:27 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by aron in toronto
Porsche TSB from 997gt3 forum.

Models: 911 GT3/GT3RS (997)
Model Year: 2007-2008
Concern: Engine oil leaks.
Information: Supporting the dealer organization in complex fault finding on technically challenging and costintensive
components is of highest importance for Porsche to ensure long-lasting customer
satisfaction.
Dealers should not carry out any repair attempts for 997 GT3 and GT3RS engine oil leaks before first
consulting their technical support group with Porsche Cars North America. This includes oil leaks from
the front and rear crankshaft sealing rings, the crankcase mating surfaces, cylinder head mating surfaces,
oil cooling components and oil pipes.
Porsche requests complete, detailed case information when a 997 GT3 or GT3RS engine is found to
have oil leaks
. This includes a verification of the vehicle’s detailed repair history (even beyond PQIS &
Warranty history), a verification of the exact area of leakage with sharp, high-resolution pictures as well
as a verification of any and all technical modifications on the vehicle
(e.g. non-Porsche exhaust
systems
). A vehicle analysis log is also requested for these cases.

Russo, I'm sure you've seen this, but for others it may be news.
I have repeatedly stated that the dealer I am serviced by has always done the utmost to take care of me. Many people have stated that it is the dealer causing this problem; however, I know that it's Porsche directing this and hence very disappointed in their handling of this situation. The dealer is going to install the original exhaust and see what happens. The car does not leak any oil when its not driven. Go figure.

Quick Reply: Porsche's Service Commitment Deteriorating?