Sponsored by:

Porsche Reports U.S. Sales for April '09

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Dealers in Canada report the best month of March ever. Maybe some of those cars are coming up here....?
Quite possibly Bob. But even still with the tight 'export' laws pcna has been enforcing; I suspect not as many cars as one would assume.

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
Why do dealers "punch" cars before sold? My local dealer has three remaining 997s, and he punched all three in January. So whoever buys any of them has already lost four months of warranty. I guess they might punch the car to get allocations for 09s, but what for if they can't sell them.
Gerald- you can cut and paste what I wrote you in my PM.

But to add to what I said; yes, there's a hint that this could be 'cat and mouse' with allocations.

Nothing unique to just Porsche. All makes and models are subject to this 'game''.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:49 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Here is the reply Stoppie sent me in PM that he referred to in above post.

It's a valid question. But there are many reasons. One, obviously, or not so obvious is money. Automakers at times, give dealerships extra incentives (bonuses) for hitting their forcasted number. Or a % of the penatration for that market. there's many different ways to spin it; but typically it's for cash. the other is for inflated sales figures. I call it mental masturbation; but it's nothing new in the business world. Over inflated sales figures have been going on as long as there's been business.

Typically though, Porsche owners don't always care. As long as it's been told up front and honest. Lot's of people trade out early. -but I doubt this will be the scenario for a long time to come anymore.

Other then that there's nothing to worry about it. Every one, as they say 'is doing it'.

Quick Reply: Porsche Reports U.S. Sales for April '09