A.W.E. saga continues....

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 07:10 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd/A.W.E.
Peter,

I suppose on some level we deserve this hostility from you. Despite your claims to the contrary, it certainly seems like an attack on our integrity, which is hard to construe as anything but hostile.

Nonetheless, there is no "Kool-Aid" being passed along here.

We do several hundred transactions per week, and we do our best to keep records of every kind we do. Unfortunately, our system is not set up to handle cases like yours which involve multiple parts over a very long time. We simply don't run into issues like this on a regular basis and I am doing my best to recreate what happened here in order to best serve you.

If your intention is to announce to the forum that our products are of bad quality and poorly manufactured, that is your prerogative. Until you tell me that there is nothing more I can do for you, including the refunds/replacements I have offered already in this thread, I will continue to try to drill down to the truth.

In this picture I see clear evidence of a prior weld at the red arrow:

That is a typical place a secondary crack will appear once the muffler cracks at the center seam. It will crack at the center seam if no pins are present, as the pins keep the can skin from pulsing with internal pressure. Once the can cracks at that location, the pulsing will worsen and cause another crack to occur at the bend radius, which is where this repair is in the picture. The black arrow is the new crack that you have now.

A brand new muffler would never leave here with a non-linear weld like that on that portion of the can. That is a clear sign of a used set of mufflers that had been repaired and sent to you to eliminate your downtime.

Regardless, you now have two sets of our mufflers, a set of our cats, and set of our headers that you paid $4194.80 USD for after applying a $185 USD courtesy discount for the package purchase. You have incurred labor and shipping fees since then because of the various issues. You have complained in this thread that you are out $5,000 CDN and here I am offering you a refund and free parts and you seem dead set against taking it all.

Am I missing something?
There was no prior "non linear" welding on the new replacement cans, only welds from the original manufacturing process:
Attached Images   
Old 05-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Todd/A.W.E.
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Edit:

I take it back. Let's not argue about this anymore. I am going of off spotty details being pieced together over a long time and off of pictures that I have not taken myself. This was supposed to be about making you whole, not about attacking your credibility.

Just let me know how you want to handle the refund option I have offered to you, if indeed you want to take me up on it.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:24 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Thank you, agreed!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:57 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Certainly AWE seems to have handled this much better than a certain peddler of aftermarket parts that we've heard about here.

Kudos to Todd of A.W.E. for going beyond the call of duty to handle this the right way himself. He has certainly earned my respect for restoring credibility to the company he runs. I hope all their customers are equally satisfied with their products and service.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:33 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Certainly AWE seems to have handled this much better than a certain peddler of aftermarket parts that we've heard about here.

Kudos to Todd of A.W.E. for going beyond the call of duty to handle this the right way himself. He has certainly earned my respect for restoring credibility to the company he runs. I hope all their customers are equally satisfied with their products and service.
+993!

As for the peddler, does the co. name begin with 'A', end with 'A', and does the owner insist on lying about all of the lies that he has previously lied about?

Thought so.

Andreas
Old 05-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
I concur.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was kompressor of Ottawa the installer?
Old 05-07-2009, 08:36 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
was kompressor of Ottawa the installer?
It's a simple DIY bolt on application.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:27 PM
arenared
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by InTheAir
I agree that Sponsorship does not buy immunity...
It does on some forums

Glad Peter and A.W.E. got it worked out. $#!+ happens. It's how a vendor handles the problem is what separates good vendors from those out to make a quick buck. Glad A.W.E. stepped up to the plate.

I, also, have had a good experience from Mike at A.W.E. I bought some ERP race toe links that came defective from the supplier. Mike was all over it like stink on $#!+ getting it resolved.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:08 AM
///alpinepower
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
Wow! thanks for sharing you helped me decide what NOT to buy
agreed.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:49 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 128 Posts

Glad this got worked out for you but it should have not happened in the 1st place. Too many other manufactures on the market that do not and never have had these type of failures.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:30 AM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Glad this got worked out for you but it should have not happened in the 1st place. Too many other manufactures on the market that do not and never have had these type of failures.
Don't kid yourself. Every manufacturer of virtually anything you can think of is going to have occasional hiccups. You don't necessarily hear about it because not everyone lives on a web forum...more on that in a minute.

Personally, I think the situation was resolved very well on the part of AWE. I think they're taking a lot of unwarranted heat over this. One thing that bugs me about web forums is that a single person can have a single problem and all of a sudden the torch-bearing villagers come out of the woodwork and start marching. I like how AWE didn't respond for a few days and people were writing them off entirely as a company because of the comments of a single person. That's kind of scary when someone's professional reputation is at stake.

Oh, and I found it interesting that people chastise Todd at AWE for not responding to the forum quickly enough when it's quite clear that he doesn't spend as much time here as some--he's got 120 posts over seven years. Not everyone lives at Rennlist, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Lastly, do I dare point out that the reaction of the OP to Todd's offer of a full refund (including shipping) is indicative of his handling of this whole situation?

Sorry, but it just bugs me when I see this kind of thing play out a couple times per month...kudos to Todd at AWE for handling this issue in a responsible manner.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:38 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 128 Posts

I am not kidding myself...I have seen this more than once on the forums and at the track. I am not bashing a rennlist advertiser but these are mufflers we are talking about and that type of failure should not happen.

I do agree abpout the unwarranted heat AWE got for not responding with in minutes on the forum...manufactures can not live on the forum and we are lucky to even have responce from manufactures on a public forum.

Originally Posted by tooloud10
Don't kid yourself. Every manufacturer of virtually anything you can think of is going to have occasional hiccups. You don't necessarily hear about it because not everyone lives on a web forum...more on that in a minute.

Personally, I think the situation was resolved very well on the part of AWE. I think they're taking a lot of unwarranted heat over this. One thing that bugs me about web forums is that a single person can have a single problem and all of a sudden the torch-bearing villagers come out of the woodwork and start marching. I like how AWE didn't respond for a few days and people were writing them off entirely as a company because of the comments of a single person. That's kind of scary when someone's professional reputation is at stake.

Oh, and I found it interesting that people chastise Todd at AWE for not responding to the forum quickly enough when it's quite clear that he doesn't spend as much time here as some--he's got 120 posts over seven years. Not everyone lives at Rennlist, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Lastly, do I dare point out that the reaction of the OP to Todd's offer of a full refund (including shipping) is indicative of his handling of this whole situation?

Sorry, but it just bugs me when I see this kind of thing play out a couple times per month...kudos to Todd at AWE for handling this issue in a responsible manner.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing that bugs me about web forums is that a single person can have a single problem and all of a sudden the torch-bearing villagers come out of the woodwork and start marching.
ROTFALMAO...

Quick Reply: A.W.E. saga continues....