Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yellow Brakes--Porsche Option???

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:57 AM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is what happens when you have little product knowledge and money burning a hole in your pocket. The fellow pays 5k for a paint job when for an additional 3k can get the real deal.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
I really don't get the whole yellow caliper thing. If I didn't think I'd mess it up I would just paint mine black!
The C4 came with these anemic "titanium" calipers and the 911 calipers are such a nice canvas for a little color. I'm normally not one for aftermarket mods, especially purely cosmetic ones, but I'm happy with the result in this case.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really don't get the whole yellow caliper thing. If I didn't think I'd mess it up I would just paint mine black!
No you wouldn't, Dan. The yellow calipers present a really nice contrast against the turquoise blue, and you know it!
Old 05-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

One day my sister was in town and looked at my car (she's not a car person, much) and said to me, "what's with the yellow brakes?" I really didn't have an answer; I guess we've all been sucked into that marketing angle by Porsche. Shortly after I picked up my car in Zuffenhausen a couple of German men came up and 'just had' to look at the brakes. Apparently, the average German knows more about this sort of stuff than the average American!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:08 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaspasser19
The C4 came with these anemic "titanium" calipers and the 911 calipers are such a nice canvas for a little color. I'm normally not one for aftermarket mods, especially purely cosmetic ones, but I'm happy with the result in this case.
The 996/C4 titanium calipers were actually very elegant. To each his own.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Swoody
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One day my sister was in town and looked at my car (she's not a car person, much) and said to me, "what's with the yellow brakes?" I really didn't have an answer; !
That is funny...what I have had hapen on more than one occasion is people ask "what are the red things".....and be pointing at the calipers!!!!! In my mind I am thinking WTF, you have got to be kidding me...you don't know what brakes are...but to most they are just a pedal you step on next to the "go" pedal when you need to stop!!

Quick Reply: Yellow Brakes--Porsche Option???