Sponsored by:

SHIPPING INFORMATION FROM EUROPE PORT

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 02:19 PM
SKYKING
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SHIPPING INFORMATION FROM EUROPE PORT

My dealer advised me that my ordered vehicle has been placed on a vessel this past Monday (27th). He says he does not know the vessel name or ETA into Baltimore.

Do any of you have guidance on how I could find any information on the vessel? I do not know the port it departed from.

Appreciate any help a member could provide.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:33 PM
9elf S
Instructor

You need a new dealer...useless. The dealer has access to all of that information. They need to provide it to you.

I recall when I ordered my 997 a couple of years ago that 911s bound for the east coast load from one or two ports. Maybe someone on the message board can help - Chris? If you can get the name of the port, their schedule may be online. If so, check what car carriers loaded that day bound for the east coast. You can also check the port schedule for Baltimore online. Generally, it takes about 3 weeks for the voyage, so look into what car carriers are coming in from Europe in about 3 weeks. Finally, you can call the shipping companies. They will tell you what ships loaded Porsches on that day.

I got a little too into the whole process during my car's transport. I had the ship's name and was able to track it at sea and through the Panama Canal. The Panama Canal has live (20 minutes or so delayed) webcams. I actually took screen shots of the ship traversing the Canal.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Sadiq
Pro

Originally Posted by 9elf S
I actually took screen shots of the ship traversing the Canal.

u need help
Old 04-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by SKYKING
My dealer advised me that my ordered vehicle has been placed on a vessel this past Monday (27th). He says he does not know the vessel name or ETA into Baltimore.

Do any of you have guidance on how I could find any information on the vessel? I do not know the port it departed from.

Appreciate any help a member could provide.
Seriously? All he has to do is look it up in PPN. Idiots.........
Old 04-29-2009, 09:29 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's the shipping info for the company that my car came on. My car was loaded on the Mignon based on date at Bremerhaven. So maybe the Toreador, scheduled to leave May 4 and arrive Baltimore May 17?

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...pe=generatePDF
Old 04-29-2009, 11:48 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Porsche also uses the VW/Audi transport line that sails from Emden. My C2S Cab CMPPRD 3/23 and was ONVSEL 4/1 arriving at Brunswick 4/16 on the Lapis Arrow which went on to Houston. Porsche does ship w/ WWL out of Bremerhaven, but it's not exclusive. WWL publishes schedules but only the Porsche computer the dealers have seems to have the information regarding the VW ships out of Emden. To be fair to your dealer, the computer wasn't updated until about a week prior to my car's arrival at Brunswick.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:58 AM
9elf S
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sadiq
u need help
Yep.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

The Port of Baltimore would have inbound schedules but, as you probably know, you need to call them to gain access to that information. (My car came into the Port of San Diego which has publicly available inbound schedules and webcams so that you can actually watch the off-load.) When my car was on vessel and in transport I stumbled onto a free website that, if you had the vessels call sign, you could locate where (on the water) it was. If you find the vessel's name, do a search on it and maybe "cargo" and you should find one of many sites that will give you it's call sign. (I think e-ships.xxxx is one.)
Old 04-30-2009, 03:49 PM
DPorcella
Instructor

I don't know if this is your vessel or not, but it sure was fun wasting an hour "navigating" the world of cargo ships on the web!

Callsign of the MV Tarago is LAPNS. You can track it on vesseltracker.com, in theory. The W&W shipping line says it's en route and ETA is May 8 in Baltimore.

OR, the MV Faust SLKQ (largest car carrier in the world) shipped out of Bremerhaven this week, is now in the Eastern Atlantic, due in Brunswick, GA on May 11.
Attached Images  

Last edited by DPorcella; 04-30-2009 at 05:29 PM.

Quick Reply: SHIPPING INFORMATION FROM EUROPE PORT