997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Reputations

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009 | 12:09 AM
nyca
Drifting

You live in Brooklyn NYC? And you ruled out every single NY metro area dealer? And you ruled out Ray Catena in Edison NJ too?
Old 04-26-2009 | 01:20 AM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BrooklynPhoton
About to pull the trigger. I have it down to two cars. One is at Winner Porsche in Newark, Delaware. The other is at Suncoast Porsche in Sarasota, Florida. Anybody have any insight, good or bad, about these two dealers. Thanks.
I have been buying 2 to 3 cars a year from Suncoast since 2000. They are a great bunch of people and I have referred many friends to them and they have also all been very happy with them. Fell free to PM me if you need more info.

Good luck.
Old 04-26-2009 | 11:01 AM
BrooklynPhoton
4th Gear

Born and raised in Brooklyn. Now living in Central PA (read 'Alabama'). Searched online throughout PA, NJ, NY, CT, DE, MD, FL. I travel to Newark, Delaware (1 hr away) very frequently, so dealer there (Winner Porsche) (spent an hour yesterday on the phone with the sales manager) will most likely get my dealer service work , and periodic stop-in to shoot the bull about how happy I am with the car, and the name of the next friend that I'm referring for a vehicle purchase. Looking for something other than black/black, white/black, silver/black, etc. I keep cars a long time (present 964... 9 yrs) and drive every day, so I'm willing to look and wait for the right package from the right dealer who is friendly, honest, and excited about life and Porsches. I spend my time searching for those qualities so I can surround myself with happy people and positivity.
Old 04-26-2009 | 07:49 PM
indesj01
Instructor

i had mine shipped from north scottsdale to CT. make sure the car was serviced or they tell you exactly when it is due (need to email you pdf files of service records they have them), also see the CPO documents they have those too. make sure if it is a carrera the rubber gaurds in front and rear under car are in good condition or replaced and if a turbo they do the same and replace the vynil spoiler under front nose cone. also wear of tires they should photo them on lift and the wear on break pads especially if PCCB's. learn from my mistakes... still love mine and would of rather gone far to get what i wanted and CPO than settling for what my local guys have even though Porsche Fairfield in CT is the bomb in both sales and service. also always best to make the trip to see it as long as it is not just for the car in case there is a problem. good luck
Old 04-27-2009 | 11:38 AM
pepper1
Rennlist Member

Looking to do the same with with a Pcar tht has what I want and CPO'd at Tysons Corner Porsche. Looked thru old posts regarding them but all are old , nothing recent. Any comments on those of you that have prior experience there?Thanks in advance.
Old 04-27-2009 | 03:30 PM
chuckla
Racer

Pepper-Sent you a pm.
Old 04-28-2009 | 01:35 PM
George from MD
Drifting

I almost bought a car from Suncoast ten years ago. I backed out as I found what I wanted locally- and they were great. Second, if their parts department is any evidence of management attitude they are fantastic. I always go there for parts.

I'm from the DC area and there is only one local dealer I trust and would buy from (we have at least five or so) so I can relate to your dilemma.
Old 04-28-2009 | 01:58 PM
Philipangoo
AutoX

bro it is a buyers market, dealerships should be really stretching to help you out. With that being said, Suncoast is very reputable. Like stated above, just check out their parts department or for what its worth, their involvement in online parts sales and etc.

Quick Reply: Dealer Reputations