Sponsored by:

a good service story... McKenna Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 03:41 PM
akim47
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a good service story... McKenna Porsche

Most of the time, we read about people's negative experiences at a dealer/service center. I myself, have complained about the way problems/ car issues have been handled. Others talk about poor treatment by sales persons or sales managers. To change things up a bit, I thought I'd talk about a positive experience...

This didn't happen to my, but my friend just bought a car and shared his experience w/ me. First, he didn't even buy a car from McKenna, it was a pvt party transaction. He just knew the guy from McKenna because he made previous inquiries about cars on their lot. First of all, even though he didn't buy a car from them, every time he called back, they would answer all his questions. Anyways, because he talked to McKenna before, he decided to do his pre-purchase inspection there (claimed it was the best $290 he ever spent). They did a full inspection, gave him the DME print out, and explained it to him. Took him on a drive with the car, and in the end said it was a great car. They also pointed out items that he could bring in for warranty (i.e. RMS starting to leak). They even said they'd replace some small items he didn't even notice, and would give him a good deal on clear corners (thank God). So he buys the car, and ultimately has to drop off the seller back at the dealership to get picked up. The guys at McKenna, then walk my buddy through all the options in the car, as if he was a new car buyer. They went beyond the call of duty in terms of service. Further, he said the tech over there (Asian guy), really new a lot about the car, and showed him things he never knew. The combination of knowledgeable people and great service has made him a future customer.

Isn't this what it is supposed to be like? They want to create a relationship with you so that you come back, refer friends, and spread the good word? Why not invest the time with the thought that this used 997 owner might be back later for future purchases? It sounds simple, but this concept seems to escape many other dealerships. All I know is that the extra effort just earned them 2 new customers... and if I end up spending a bit more for services or cars, I'll be satisfied knowing that I am getting the highest level of service possible.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:26 PM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I wish every dealer's sales manager would read this post.

What a joy it would be if Porsche US got their dealers to make this way of operating their "gold standard"

Never going to happen...........
Old 04-18-2009, 03:02 AM
dk10438
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my car from McKenna and was very satisfied. Had some minor problems after I purchased the car but they worked very hard to resolve them. I would recommend McKenna without hesitation for service and sales.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:39 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

That is a great story and every dealer could learn from that. I have a long and very positive relationship with my dealer (Downtown L.A.) and one of their new sales managers is a true enthusiast and a lurker here (Hi Ben if you see this!) and I hope he spreads the word around their place.

Quick Reply: a good service story... McKenna Porsche