Sponsored by:

New member and new Porsche (pt1)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:07 PM
jyslou
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Le Chef
Welcome to the CPPDC (Chicago's Porsche Pothole Dodger's Club). Great car, great shots. Now you just need to get clear side markers and you're all set.
Thank you very much my good man.

And don't be so humble! If it weren't for your constant evangelical sermons of how great these little porkers are, I would probably be in a properly balanced R8.

Thank you for your advice and guidance my friend.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:11 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jyslou
Thanks Cello. I was actually just thinking about the spacers last night. I wondered if it would look better. Well, now i have an answer. Can you show me a picture of what your car looks like with/without it? (or maybe I should just do an archive search...) Thanks in advance.
I wish I could but I have no pics presently that demonstrate the difference. Sorry! If your time horizon is out a bit maybe I can post in May (as I will be away a bit at the end of the month). Subtle difference for sure but noticeable as the wheel arches do not 'cover' the sidewalls as much; ie, from the side you see some tire sidewall from the fenders down as they taper in/back. Best.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:14 AM
jyslou
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got back from running some errands with the wife in the new Targa tonight.

First stop: Neighborhood supermarket two blocks west.

Second stop: Walgreens one block south.

Of course, after waiting patiently outside both retail establishments with the flashers on, we took the beast on a blast up Lake Shore Dr.

With no cars in front, we went through the newly paved North Michigan Ave entrance tunnel to the LSD. Had the top opened so we could hear the 3.8L scream through the tunnel and on to the LSD. Oh rhapsody!

Cruised up to the start of Sheridan Road, u turned and just gunned it back up the LSD on the big right curving entrance. Much better that any prime time reality show!!

Just had to share the joy. Can't wait for the summer when that top will be permanently opened. Looking forward to more errands. Thanks for reading.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:19 AM
cjb169
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like great fun - glad you are enjoying - hopefully the weather will be consistently nice soon...
Old 04-15-2009, 03:52 AM
BigDouggieDoug
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats jyslou. Love the chrome line on the side windows.

Quick Reply: New member and new Porsche (pt1)