Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member and new Porsche (pt1)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 03:14 AM
jyslou
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member and new Porsche (pt1)

Hi everyone,

Just want to introduce myself and my new friend.

I joined Rennlist a few weeks ago and have learned a great deal through the archives. My personal CFO, aka my wife, gave me the thumbs up, so last week I pulled the trigger on my new 997.2 targa 4S. Hope you enjoy these pictures:

Specs:
3.8 Liter, DFI
Six Speed Manual
Meteor Grey
Black Full Leather
Pwr Comfort Seats w/Drvr Mem
Self Dimming Mirrors
Heated Front Seats
19" Turbo Wheels
Seat Ventilation
Bluetooth Phone Interface
Sport Chronos Plus
Nav Module for PCM
Bose High End Sound Package
XM Radio
Floor Mats in interior color
Universal Audio Interface

Yes, that's Chicago in the background. Thanks for viewing.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:26 AM
997Turbo
Advanced

Congrats on your new Targa 4S. Love that widebody!
Old 04-14-2009, 03:30 AM
cjb169
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome - I just love the Targa and meteor gray is one of my favorite colors (I'm biased as my C2S is the same color). I am originally from Chicago as well - hopefully no more bad weather and time to enjoy the Targa!
Old 04-14-2009, 03:31 AM
jyslou
Instructor

Default (pt2)

Taken with Nikon D90 with Nikkor AF-S 16-85mm DX lens.

Wife is in this shot (will spare you all my mug ... for now)

Old 04-14-2009, 03:33 AM
cjb169
Intermediate

Did you take it down the curvy part of Sheridan Road yet (from Wilmette to Highland Park?) One of the best (and only) spots in the area with some serious twisties and grade changes.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:36 AM
shahrukh_bakar
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 52 Posts

Love those wheels and congrats on your car!
Old 04-14-2009, 03:43 AM
jyslou
Instructor

Default (pt 3)

Sunny but cold is perfect for Targa's.

Overlooking Lake Mich

Old 04-14-2009, 03:44 AM
sdw999
Instructor

Looks great. Congrats! Just be sure to stick some snows on next Nov. before the winter hits. What dealership did you purchase from, if you don't mind sharing?
Old 04-14-2009, 04:00 AM
jyslou
Instructor

Originally Posted by cjb169
Did you take it down the curvy part of Sheridan Road yet (from Wilmette to Highland Park?) One of the best (and only) spots in the area with some serious twisties and grade changes.
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, took that stretch more than a few times. Made me really really miss California. We moved here from San Francisco 4 years ago for my work. Spent (misspent) many a weekends in California carving through Route 1/PCH.

Welcome any suggestions on good road trips in the Chicago area. Been planning the Mich Lake Circle Tour so may be doing that in a few months.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:08 AM
jyslou
Instructor

Originally Posted by sdw999
Looks great. Congrats! Just be sure to stick some snows on next Nov. before the winter hits. What dealership did you purchase from, if you don't mind sharing?
Thank you. Will have the snows on for sure. I learned my lesson the first year we moved here. My S4 was doing four wheel drifts that November. Not a pleasant experience while on Lakeshore Drive, as you can imagine!

I got the car at Joe Rizza in Orland Park. Been looking around and had originally thought of Euro delivery. But the build block for Targas were way far into the end of the year. Found this one and got a great deal from a very nice sales manager. I'd called him at 7pm to check that he had it, went in to see it at 8pm, and came home at 11pm with it. Quick and pain free. Very nice experience.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:14 AM
jyslou
Instructor

Default (pt 4 final pics)

Uh oh, I dont think my wife will be satisfied with her Audi TT anymore.

Actually, I'm quite blessed for having such an understanding wife and fellow autophile.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:24 AM
sdw999
Instructor

Glad to hear your purchase went smoothly. I would suggest a good radar/laser jammer package if you don't have one yet. Not that I am advocating speeding, but as I'm sure you are finding out, these cars want to run. I have been saved countless times on LSD, and just last week coming home from Highland Park on Sheridan.
Looking at your pictures, I had to do a double take, your wife looks just like mine. Seriously, not to sound creepy, but my wife and yours could easily pass as sisters. You have good taste my man, cars and your wife. Be safe!
Old 04-14-2009, 04:45 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Congrats! Beautiful car! I had 993 and 996 Targas - great concept, pretty rare and perfect for colder climes. Enjoy, and welcome aboard!
Old 04-14-2009, 04:46 AM
jyslou
Instructor

Originally Posted by sdw999
Glad to hear your purchase went smoothly. I would suggest a good radar/laser jammer package if you don't have one yet. Not that I am advocating speeding, but as I'm sure you are finding out, these cars want to run. I have been saved countless times on LSD, and just last week coming home from Highland Park on Sheridan.
Looking at your pictures, I had to do a double take, your wife looks just like mine. Seriously, not to sound creepy, but my wife and yours could easily pass as sisters. You have good taste my man, cars and your wife. Be safe!
Thanks for the advice and for the compliment. I'm just very lucky on all counts.

Honestly, my wife was pushing me to go for the Turbo. She liked the vents and the tail wing. My main reason for not going Turbo was the engine sound and the fact that I would be in jail that much faster.

And on a side note, now that you've stated that your wife looks like mine, you have to post a picture of her with your car. You can't just leave it like this! LOL.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:05 AM
jyslou
Instructor

Originally Posted by jcnesq
Congrats! Beautiful car! I had 993 and 996 Targas - great concept, pretty rare and perfect for colder climes. Enjoy, and welcome aboard!
Thank you very much.

By the way, I love the 993 Targas. Those are by far my favorite Porsches. The 993 is my archetype for what a Porsche should always look and sound like. Some day, when I have the garage space, I will get one of those as a project car.

Quick Reply: New member and new Porsche (pt1)