Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross post: Mini Dealership Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by akim47
Chris:

i have clutch issues w/ mine. the car is a blast to drive, but does come with it share of problems... the LuK clutch isnt the best... issues with cold start rattles... DO NOT get one with a sunroof (a lot of issues reported)... so mjs isn't unfounded in saying there have been issues...

my wife actually has a C-class... and we use the w204 whenever we are driving around town together and its reallly comfy and sporty.... MB did a great job on this car... that said, it leaves a little to be desired... there is nothing "inspiring" about the way the car drives...

while the mini is a euro-ricer (and i know what ricer is)... but it is still really fun to drive... i'd say if you wanted to stay loyal to where you work, how about a cayman S? I've seen used low milegage caymans in the mid 30's... i would consider, but with family on the way, i needed (just a little) extra room... the mini will fit an extra seat nicely...

Hmm. Have you made posts on northamericanmotoring.com?? Seems a fewpeeps have complained about the Mine JCW edition clutch.

The dealer I spoke to said that Mini will replace one clutch as 'good faith'. But this does have me worried. Why the hell replace a clutch on 'good faith'?? Sounds fishy.

And I have to have a sunroof. And a back seat. The Cayman S doesn't work for me, and truthfully, not a huge fan of it. Rather have a Boxster S- so I can drop the top and not feel clausterphobic. The Mini is more functional for me on day to day.

As for Merc, well; I've had two. And at this point, I REALLY want a manual. But the C300 is horribly under powered for what I want. If I did a Merc again it would either be an 09 E Sport, again. Or a Ghey LK. LOL Just because I could eventually give that to Jules and get a 370Z for myself. I actually like it better then the C; but it's what one person expects from one car to the next, maybe that's why it's a 'better' deal for me then the new C.

Mark-

I hear what you're saying; but I'm okay with driving a 'buzzy' car for hours. Sort of like that, actually. Like my former RC51 bikes. Tires you out, but it's a blast to drive around.

This isn't perm. folks; just a 'bridge car' until I can get my 997. To me, and for my current lifestyle, only the 997 makes me feel the way it does. Until that, I need something to put a '**** eating grin' on my face. lol

You guys can relate, for sure!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:35 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Damn Chris, buy a Porsche!!!! Jeeze!

Quick Reply: Cross post: Mini Dealership Recommendations?