Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted Pic of 997S with aerokit and Carrera-S decals

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Dr_KarlB
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone had matt black decals on a black car couple of years ago... very subtle and looks quite good.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:49 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Adam - thanks for not taking my comment personally...this board is clearly about openly sharing opinions (respectfully). to clarify, I love the aero-kit decals, I do not love
Old 03-27-2009, 05:00 PM
batty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My opinion is decals coupled with the aero kit and the turbo wheels is just too much bling in this present economy. But to each his own. I would keep your car beautiful as is, and spend your money on more track time, or a driving school or some such. I think the flashier the car the harder it will be to move in the months and years ahead and the more undo attention you might generate.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Sub
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

I think it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks!

I agree its a bit contrasty with the light gray. I'd go with a darker shade, or even black as suggested.

If you cant find someone to do it, I can cut vinyl. I have a metallic dark gray that would look great I bet.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:39 AM
Sadiq
Pro

dont do it. anyone who matters already knows its a carrera s. very tacky imo.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

wow. me thinks it's too busy what with the Turbo Wheels and such. Too much.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:54 AM
997Turbo
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, I believe the decals take away from the clean lines of the car and make the car look less "serious".
I wouldn't mess with it. Just my opinion since these things are so subjective. It is your car and if that decal is awesome to you, then go for it
Old 03-29-2009, 12:58 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 1996993coupe
IMO, I believe the decals take away from the clean lines of the car and make the car look less "serious".
I wouldn't mess with it. Just my opinion since these things are so subjective. It is your car and if that decal is awesome to you, then go for it.
Best advice thus far.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:15 AM
Adam2S
Instructor

thanks for the advice guys.... Ive reflected on everything and decided to pop into the local dealership yesterday just to see how bad a trade in would be for a new car - bear in mind I was originally considering how to liven up my 23mth old car with X51 and possibly the decals.

It turned out I was very pleasantly surprised and I ended up placing a deposit on a brand new C2S PDK they already had in stock. The car was rather spookily almost identical to my ideal spec, as if it was just fated to be there waiting for me to wander in! I negotiated a PSE fitted in the deal (eta April/May) and a promise that I can get an aerokit fitted at cost price too (and capped at factory cost) whenever its out.

Clearly the fact it was a stock car helped them move on my trade in and it seems Porsche GB are still helping out on loyalty bonuses on 911. Also the dealership had quarter end targets to make for the end of this month so all those together meant that for once the cost of change wasn't as bad as I had expected it might have been. PDK , those 30 extra horses and all the latest upgrades and the ideal spec persuaded me to jump in.

So sadly I will not now be experiencing X51 or the decals (thanks for all the help and advice here though) however I will be experiencing Gen2 and PDK very soon!

So here is the spec of my new baby - I pick her up on Tuesday!

Carrera 2S
Bassalt Black / Black
PDK
Sport Chrono Plus
PSE (on order to be fitted ASAP)
19" Turbos
Adaptive Sports Seats
Heated Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Dynamic Lights
Nav
USB
BOSE
Tel Mod + Bluetooth
Cruise Control
Rear Park Assist
Alu centre console
Alu instrument surround
Alu wing mirror inserts
Crests on Seats
Red Seatbelts
Mats

Im giddy again but I will miss my aerokit (for a few months).

Last edited by Adam2S; 03-29-2009 at 08:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Wanted Pic of 997S with aerokit and Carrera-S decals