Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oye Vey.....I know your frustrations peeps...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Oye Vey.....I know your frustrations peeps...

Just poking around the 'net looking for more pictures of dealerships inventories of Mini Cooper JCW editions.

Not only do 9/10 dealers not have pictures, barely any put optional equipment along side the car.

OOHhh but they made sure there was a price!! And there's 2.9% up to 60 for JCW editions. yay. that's really getting me hot and bothered. Not.

Dont talk to me about numbers damn it!! Show me the meat and potatoes of them damn thing!!!

I wanna see sheet metal, shiny chrome thingy, exhaust tips, and wheels and stuff. Leatherette seats with sport shifters.

That's what I'm talk'n bout. Screw the numbers......not ready for that.

grrrrr.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:03 PM
hikejohn
Advanced

I am beginning to look for a 911....prices seem to be decreasing....while I want to get used one....dealers seem to be really pushing new ones.....what should I pay for one....2006 or newer?

John
Old 03-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by hikejohn
I am beginning to look for a 911....prices seem to be decreasing....while I want to get used one....dealers seem to be really pushing new ones.....what should I pay for one....2006 or newer?

John
C'mon John- you being a newbie I'm gonna torture you a bit.

1stly; you do realize these are 911's, not 330i's right? Barely two 911's are produced similar.

On top of that, you've got RWD, AWD's, Tip tronics, Cabriolets, Coupes, miles, options ect.

Is it a CPO car? Or is on a 'used car lot'? 3rd party CPO Car?

Can we establish the basics? You know what a C2 vs a C4 is?

PM me and we can have a frank conversation about the cars and what you're experiencing for price.

And most of all- PRICE doesn't mean sh*t unless you 100% understand what you're getting and what you're talking about. Once you find the car(s) you want, the money will make more sense.

Chris
Old 03-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

ps. no hijacking my Mini thread.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:17 PM
am722
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris:

Get off of the Mini websites, and get what you really want. You'll be 40 before you know it.

(not that there's anything wrong with 40)
Old 03-25-2009, 11:18 PM
hikejohn
Advanced

Gee...Likemystoppie....sounds like I am too stupid to buy a Porsche...guess I should return to the Ferrari cars that I have owned in the past....at least I might not get dumped on....you remind me of my first exposure to a Porsche dealer...multiple pricing schemes...lack of clear data as to exactly what is on the car.....sorry I don't measure up to your standards
Old 03-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Whoa, John, Chris is just trying to be himself here. Not really. He's a very knowledgeable sales guy with a ton of info. Don't take it personally. He's our house Porsche sales guru. Trust me, just toss a few ideas out about what you might want, or be looking for, and I'm sure he'll be able to answer you directly.

He's one of the good guys, really. Good luck with your search. I'm in Charlotte if you need me to look at anything locally for you. And yes, no one is more **** than me.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Trending Topics

Old 03-25-2009, 11:27 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hikejohn - let's start over. how about start a new thread? lots will chime in. what are you looking for? 2wd? all wheel drive? turbo?
Old 03-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

in the voice of "WALL-E"

"Whoaw"

Relax John, I'm not talking down to you. So no need to volley a shot, eh? I'm just having fun.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by am722
Chris:

Get off of the Mini websites, and get what you really want. You'll be 40 before you know it.

(not that there's anything wrong with 40)
Dude, I'd Looove to; but priorities call.

Engagment ringy-thingy: check
WedDING: check
Housey: check
Instant family complete with a shiney new Daughter- check check.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:48 PM
hikejohn
Advanced

Thank you to Brendoreen and Eric....very nice thoughts....I have an E55 AMG which would likely have to go....and it sounds like 2006 or newer is the way to go....have gotten an odor on here that 2005s had some teething issues and were the receipents of some running changes...I am very open to color, regular or S would work....either one should take me to the road limits of my comfort zone which is likely going to be in bad weather....options of interest are Bose radio, power seats/maybe...navigation would be good....xeno lights...homelink garage opener setup...as much as possible to be phone/voice friendly....but I use an iPhone....and actually would enjoy using my ipod/ipod touch....the only true unnecessary wish...not a need...is one of the upgraded leather interiors....colors....white, blue, green, silver...perhaps black...not red...did that with my first Ferrari and don't wish to go down that road....being targeted by all the local gendarmes....I am pretty flexible....ideally the car would have been owned by some one which changed coolant/trans fluid/brake fluid....and oil and filter every 3-6K...with the reccomended Mobil one....hopefully the above will give some helpful folks an idea of what a good starter would be for me.....and if it worked great then I would be excellent prospect to custom order exactly what I want from the factory
Old 03-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

John, would you mind calling me at the store tomorrow? Maybe connect the dot's so to speak?

440-716-2720; ask for Chris Sanner. Sounds like you have a lot of questions and maybe it would be easier to speak over the phone. No pressure.

got any Mini's you wanna sell me? LOL

Ps. I've been with Benz since 02. So I know that car like the back of my hand.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:06 AM
RaceCarDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mini's have great resale. Back in 2003 I bought a new Mini Cooper S (there was no JCW yet) I shopped around and paid under sticker which was $22k (local dealer wanted $10k over).

Drove it for a year and put 17k miles on it and sold it for $20k. now bad only losing 2k when I put 17k miles on the car. Great little car, fun to drive and autocross.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:11 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver
Mini's have great resale. Back in 2003 I bought a new Mini Cooper S (there was no JCW yet) I shopped around and paid under sticker which was $22k (local dealer wanted $10k over).

Drove it for a year and put 17k miles on it and sold it for $20k. now bad only losing 2k when I put 17k miles on the car. Great little car, fun to drive and autocross.
you're damn right they do. they're like the 'honda' of German (oops, English) cars.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:09 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

John, if you are still looking to spend $40K to $45K, I doubt you will be able to get an '06 for that kind of money.... not this year anyway.

As Chris mentioned, you need to determine if you want a..... C2 or C4...... Coupe or Cab..... base Carrera or Carrera S. You seem open to exterior colors so that will help and give you more options. Good luck with your search.

Quick Reply: Oye Vey.....I know your frustrations peeps...