Old 03-24-2009, 07:56 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Talking A Pair of 2009 997S DFI Cars Come in For Surgery @ SharkWerks

As much as we dig this new 2009 997S we have to admit they're still pretty much a rare sight as sales on those cars have been slower than Porsche would like... So it was neat to see a pair of 09 DFI's come in today.

First up is a 2009 Macadamia 6speed 997S in for the EVOMSit Software, our SharkWerks Center Exhaust, TechArt 997 springs and the RSS sway bar kit.

Here's the same TechArt Spring and RSS Sway bar kit that we run on our own ZTadpol car:

Rears being installed (drops the car 20mm)

James removing the exhaust

And our exhaust installed

And here's the tools again for the ECU flashing on these Siemens cars:

Second was a really neat basalt black 2009 997S Cab PDK car.

Check out the yellow stitching, gauges and even sport chrono clock (not seen that before).

This one came in for the SharkWerks Center Exhaust and the EVOMSit software. On goes the exhaust...

The TechArt tips are going on later as well... This was first time we'd installed the system on a Cabriolet and I'm happy to report the results are the same aka _zero_ resonance. With it being a Cab and a PDK this particular car served as a "worst case scenario" for the resonance test.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:23 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Alex, nice work!

Maybe I missed it, but did you ever cut an OEM center muffler open to look inside? If you have, could you post some pics of that?

Thanks,
Tim
Old 03-24-2009, 08:44 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

cool Alex, thanks for sharing... that suspension looks totally different.... must be a diff animal.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Alex, do you have any profile pics that show the ride height after the springs were installed?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Thanks for the nice photos. I didn't realize thatthe DI engines have very similar oil pans on them to the 997.1 Carreras (vice the older blocks for the GT3 and turbos). I assume they are "integrated dry sumps" still.

Keep up the fine work!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:34 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I lived in Cali to (among other things) have access to a class operation like Sharkwerks.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:00 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by boolala
Wish I lived in Cali to (among other things) have access to a class operation like Sharkwerks.
Hey boolala ah too kind. We work with a lot of neat places all around the US so let me know where you're at and maybe I can point you some place in case
Originally Posted by Edgy01
Thanks for the nice photos. I didn't realize thatthe DI engines have very similar oil pans on them to the 997.1 Carreras (vice the older blocks for the GT3 and turbos). I assume they are "integrated dry sumps" still.

Keep up the fine work!
Aye in some ways they do and danke! I'll post some more in a second. Still not a real dry sump

Originally Posted by Dave I
Alex, do you have any profile pics that show the ride height after the springs were installed?
Hi Dave, I do and am about to upload them... It's a 20mm lower ride height. I've got them on our car as well and even with a front lip it's not too low.

Originally Posted by gota911
Alex, nice work!

Maybe I missed it, but did you ever cut an OEM center muffler open to look inside? If you have, could you post some pics of that?

Thanks,
Tim
Hi Tim, thanks and no you're right we never did post pictures of that. I'll nudge Dan on that

Originally Posted by redridge
cool Alex, thanks for sharing... that suspension looks totally different.... must be a diff animal.
Always a pleasure and it's somewhat reworked but I have to say out of the box the PASM is certainly an improvement over the Gen1s.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:00 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

here you go guys got more of the macadamia car... (again such a nice color in person you have to see it):

The stock exhaust:

Replaced with ours (only takes an hour):

There's that color and all lowered 20mm with the TechArt spring kit

And then finally some stock parts to take homehilarious
Old 03-25-2009, 12:20 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice shots! I don't notice but the engine sits lower in the 997.2's ?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:36 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Great Stuff guys! While my car will come with Sport PASM (-10mm from normal PASM), it sure looks like the Techart -20mm springs do the trick. Not too low such that you can't handle speed bumps and driveways. I think with Sport PASM we are all pretty much stuck with what comes on the car as the rears are progressive and besides there are so few probably coming with SPASM.

Today is "build completion" day for my car, so it should be in my hands inside of 4 weeks. Then when it arrives, on goes my SharkWerks primary bypass and once I really get used to the car and know what it needs, I'll be talking to you about a set of those adjustable sways!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:13 PM
arenared
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics! Thanks for the post.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:49 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by kauai_diver
Nice shots! I don't notice but the engine sits lower in the 997.2's ?
Thanks and I'd say just a smidge... if at all.

Originally Posted by RonCT
Great Stuff guys! While my car will come with Sport PASM (-10mm from normal PASM), it sure looks like the Techart -20mm springs do the trick. Not too low such that you can't handle speed bumps and driveways. I think with Sport PASM we are all pretty much stuck with what comes on the car as the rears are progressive and besides there are so few probably coming with SPASM.

Today is "build completion" day for my car, so it should be in my hands inside of 4 weeks. Then when it arrives, on goes my SharkWerks primary bypass and once I really get used to the car and know what it needs, I'll be talking to you about a set of those adjustable sways!
Exciting day Ron, that means she's on the home stretch I'd say 3 weeks from now right? I really think you'll like the sport PASM. Try it first... maybe with some beefier sways later... Talk to you soon

Originally Posted by arenared
Great pics! Thanks for the post.
Anytime! The black cab was pretty wild with the yellow stitching and gauges....
Old 03-25-2009, 02:28 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

Anyone can point where's the oil drain plug in this picture? Are there 2, as in those recessed ones?

Old 03-25-2009, 02:30 PM
todd.
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want that exhaust upgrade!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Dan@SharkWerks
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
Anyone can point where's the oil drain plug in this picture? Are there 2, as in those recessed ones?

The oil drain plug is the single female hex plug to the left of the sensor at the rear of the pan (the one that looks like a dimple). It's aluminum so if you use a wrench be sure it fits very tightly .

Quick Reply: A Pair of 2009 997S DFI Cars Come in For Surgery @ SharkWerks