And there's a video in there too
Old 03-25-2009, 05:25 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Just an FYI for guys with cabs our exhaust is totally wife-approved on the interior and we've had another cab (this time a C4S) with our system installed recently at a Porsche dealership in Oregon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF_WUp5CBCo
Old 04-13-2009, 06:15 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We're really starting to see more and more of the 09's now... This is the first C4S we've seen here and there are some subtle differences. Yes it's wider and obviously has the lower side skirts a la 997TT but the rear bumper also has some black lower skirts as well. Either way came in for a phase 1 SharkWerks Bypass exhaust and some H&R spacers because Porsche obviously didn't do anything to the offset of the stock wheels. They're the same ones as on the narrowbody

There's James taking the stock exhaust off and notice the black rear side pieces.

On goes ours...
Old 04-14-2009, 07:02 AM
welbo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in the East side of the globe and will love the exhuast upgrade too.

My ONLY and MAIN worry is DRONING as I got it real bad in my 987 Boxster S(TIP) when I upgraded my exhaust last year. I will surely do it if there is no Droning as mine is a PDK model........
Old 04-14-2009, 12:49 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by welbo
I live in the East side of the globe and will love the exhuast upgrade too.

My ONLY and MAIN worry is DRONING as I got it real bad in my 987 Boxster S(TIP) when I upgraded my exhaust last year. I will surely do it if there is no Droning as mine is a PDK model........
Hi Welbo, as folks on here have already stated there's absolutely no drone/resonance with our exhaust set up We developed it on our PDK car and that was very much top of the list in terms of priorities- tested on PDK cabs as well. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:57 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

the cats on those cars are BIG...are there aftermarket cats already available? the stock headers seem like an improvement over the previous generation. good looking cars, especially the c4s.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:02 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by manny_g
the cats on those cars are BIG...are there aftermarket cats already available? the stock headers seem like an improvement over the previous generation. good looking cars, especially the c4s.
hey manny_g you're absolutely correct... the cats which are big are also integrated into the headers just like on the 997GT3 and Cayman set ups... Changing the cats out on those cars has in the past proven to be troublesome (they tend to come apart/fail) although there are kits in the works.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:03 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey Alex, I guess you have another 997.2 center muffler that could be a candidate for "open heart" surgery? Hint, hint! I certainly hope the 2010 997's aren't out before I get to see the inside of an '09 center muffler!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:19 AM
angrylittledog
4th Gear

That car looks familiar! Thanks for posting the pics Alex. Loving the new exhaust note. Well done!

Rob
Old 04-15-2009, 07:25 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by manny_g
Manny, this is straight from PCNA...if you change the headers or cats or do a ECU flash Porsche will absolutly void the warranty of your car. This was told to me via phone with PCNA, my service mnager and face to face.

I was also told that I can change out the mufflers ect after the cats and I am fine.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:33 AM
welbo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sharkster
Hi Welbo, as folks on here have already stated there's absolutely no drone/resonance with our exhaust set up We developed it on our PDK car and that was very much top of the list in terms of priorities- tested on PDK cabs as well. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thats awesome to hear......I will contact my local workshop to to get in touch with you in the next few weeks as I will be travelling very soon.

Cheers!
Old 04-17-2009, 01:07 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by welbo
Thats awesome to hear......I will contact my local workshop to to get in touch with you in the next few weeks as I will be travelling very soon.

Cheers!
Sounds like a plan!

Originally Posted by angrylittledog
That car looks familiar! Thanks for posting the pics Alex. Loving the new exhaust note. Well done!

Rob
Hehe thanks Rob and glad you like it That car is so nicely optioned too!

Originally Posted by gota911
Hey Alex, I guess you have another 997.2 center muffler that could be a candidate for "open heart" surgery? Hint, hint! I certainly hope the 2010 997's aren't out before I get to see the inside of an '09 center muffler!
Hehe no we gave that one back to the owner too:P I always encourage folks to take home their stock parts for a rainy day You're right tho. we do still need to cut open the stocker;(
Old 04-30-2009, 03:52 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Had a nice 2009 Aqua Blue 997S coupe come in today as well (I really dig that new color for 09).

there's Dan tackling the stock exhaust:

off she comes

On goes our bypass:
Old 04-30-2009, 06:33 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey, that looks just like my car! Arrived at the dealer yesterday, picking up tomorrow. Can't wait to get my Shark-pass put on!
Old 04-30-2009, 06:42 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RonCT
Hey, that looks just like my car! Arrived at the dealer yesterday, picking up tomorrow. Can't wait to get my Shark-pass put on!
No kidding... she arrived eh?! That Aqua blue is so much nicer than the cobalt (just my opinion). I had the choice of getting one too but it was a cab and for my needs I had to have a couple so old-man green it is for me...

Quick Reply: A Pair of 2009 997S DFI Cars Come in For Surgery @ SharkWerks