Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Allure Garage Flooring

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I refurbished my garage with about $300 and it now looks like a small showroom. It's a 19X19. I washed the concrete floor and painted it with a black epoxy paint and used the gold/silver flakes that come in a can to sprinkle around. It came out VERY nice looking. I went to Lowes and bought small nickel plated lights (2 racks with 6 adjustible lights on each) got this for 60 bucks. Got some Porsche flags off ebay for 20 bucks. I'll post some pics, it looks really sharp and was very inexpensive and took only a day.

Last edited by Para82; 08-09-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:58 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had mine done by Premier this summer, including the floor, painting and some cabinets. It was not cheap (about $4500 in total as I recall). They do not use epoxy. Instead they use some polyvinal stuff in a several step process. My garage floor was pitted and had areas of concrete erosion which they patched. Next they grinded the surface for proper adhesion with a diamond grinder followed by a primer coat, flakes and clear coat etc. The second pic has a close up of the floor. My concern is that it would be slippery when wet but it isn't because the surface is textured not flat. Comes with a 20 year warrantee.
Attached Images  

Last edited by boolala; 03-27-2015 at 05:28 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 129 Posts

Comes with a 20 year warranty? What are the conditions? Do you have to have it maintained periodically by them to maintain that warranty?
Old 11-18-2009, 05:22 PM
boolala
Race Car

Nope. There's no specific maintanence. The stuff they use is supposedly very durable. Not your typical hardware store DIY epoxy. AT least that's what they claim. Mine has held up great over the last 2 months! What greater endorsement could you ask for
Old 11-18-2009, 05:34 PM
_Nathan
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you decide to go with an epoxy coating I recommend using a "100% solids" epoxy rather than a water based epoxy like Rustoleum. It costs more but the difference is that it creates a thicker smoother coat. Unlike water based epoxy, it doesn't evaporate at it cures. The downside is that you have to mix it in small batches because within about 20 min after you mix it, it will start to get too sticky to work with. I applied Epoxy-Coat floor coating in my garage myself and had good results.
Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2009, 05:55 PM
TooSixy
Racer

_Nathan, the floor is really nice. I may look into this.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

My vote is acid stain.

Check these out http://www.luxury4play.com/automotiv...d-50-pics.html
Old 11-19-2009, 01:35 AM
boolala
Race Car

Were any of those examples of "Allure Garage flooring" or Race deck tiles, Mike?
Old 11-19-2009, 02:03 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 455 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera Mike
Dave,

What did you end up doing? Only worry i have on race decks is fluid getting in between seams and sitting under those puzzle like pieces for looooong time until you have to pull them up.
Still au natural!
Maybe next summer I'll do something but I may just leave it be.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

acid stain in my neighborhood
Attached Images  
Old 11-24-2009, 01:09 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I did the Allure tiles earlier this year (grey confetti pattern). No prep required other than a general cleaning of the concrete. No epoxy, no acid. A 100% DIY. I did 2/3 of my 3-car garage over the course of 3 evenings after work. The hardest part was coming up with an approach to cut the tiles to fit corners and non-90-degree angles. (Dremel melted the tile and left a ragged edge; tiles are too flexible for a saw; settled on some really big shears).

The tiles are incredibly heavy. I had previously built a sliding cargo tray for the bed of my Avalanche (a very cool project btw) and after loading about 5 or so boxes on to it, the tray would not budge! That is why they stay put without epoxy. The mild adhesive pre-applied to the interlocking tabs, together with their own weight is enough to keep them from moving. The only place where I have seen minor movement is at the edge, where I stopped laying tiles and just left the concrete. (I store my trailer there). If I had covered the entire garage, there would have been less open space for them to move. But we're talking 1/8 of inch at most, and some major abuse at that edge every time I pull the trailer out.

So far, very happy with the results... Easy to clean; waterproof, etc. First pic is right after installation (seams b/w tiles are easy to see). Second/third pics are 5 or 6 months later (tiles are more settled in). I would estimate that it was at least 50% cheaper than the professional route (saving thousands of $$), and much easier than the traditional DIY methods (could have done the whole garage in a day if I had waited till the weekend).

Old 11-24-2009, 02:47 PM
porscheman1963
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Premier Garage Floor, lifetime warranty ( or as long as I own my home ).
Attached Images   
Old 09-24-2012, 05:57 AM
kylaarmstrong
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Dave,

Why would you do an epoxy and the put tiles over that? I haven't looked at the price of each, but you might be able to get a professional garage floor company to come in and do an epoxy floor for you.
I agree with Dave. It is best to do just an epoxy garage flooring. It would last.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 532 Likes on 166 Posts

I've had Race Deck in my garage for about six years. It tends to move around a little bit, owing to the movement in/out of the cars, even though it fits the floor width precisely.
And, honestly, the white tiles do not clean up as easily as they did initially...not a big problem, but something to know.
The "look" continues to be very dramatic, and I would recommend Race Deck. It still looks good after six years.
(Those are press-on vinyl floor tiles on the wall, in case you were wondering.)

Quick Reply: Allure Garage Flooring