AGLA CUSTOM STEERING WHEELS for 997

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 12:56 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by md11plt
....and I'm getting sued over it!
Sounds like this guy has never heard of the Better Business Bureau, who will swoop down and shut his operation down faster than an INS raid on a tortilla factory in San Diego.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:03 PM
arenared
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Sounds like this guy has never heard of the Better Business Bureau
LOL. You would think so:
http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/Busines...anyID=23003812

BBB Rating: F
Old 03-24-2009, 02:17 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by arenared
LOL. You would think so:
http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/Busines...anyID=23003812

BBB Rating: F
Oh my. How embarassing! I'm sure 'Dr.' Alan has a reasonable & logical explanation for this as well....

Andreas
Old 03-24-2009, 02:26 PM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, there is someone in the BBB that has a personal grudge against him. What can he do? Twenty years in the business and one, ah two...oh, I mean three...no, no wait. Let me start over. I apologized and he can't move on like every...ah most.

crap
Old 03-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OUCH
Old 03-24-2009, 05:10 PM
autoboy70
Intermediate

It shows 4 complaints. All unanswered. Perhaps he has another excuse for not getting around to addressing the complaints.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:55 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Now what, sue the BBB for slander.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:23 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

4 compliants in 20 years?- I incorporated in 1988 .I looked at my sales since 1986 when it was just a hobby .I have had a total of 100 order per month on average a year since times 21 years then - that gives me @210000 orders in that same peroid and only 4 BBB isssues? What the stats on that ? Off the top of my head @ .005% that end up with a BBB issue.
I am not a BBB member because they want me in it and they happen to call me all the time to sign up and join them .And honestly it an expense I dont need when I purchase $10000's of leather hides here.
So spare me how horrible 4 complaints people out of 21000 over a 20 year period is bad.
Now in good faith i will call the BBB and see what the deal is there and see if i can clear up these 4
issues
Now one I do remember one - A lady bought a shiftboot who lived about 20 miles north of here in ft lauderdale for a lotus .She ordered it the day before a hurricane was possbly going to hit south floridda about 4 years ago .We lost power and were shut down for a week.Trees were laying about everywhere and power was out from south miami to West palm for weeks .She could not get a hold us thus freaked out and demended that I send her the boot.How could i when all of south florida had been hammered by the storm. She lived here and her attitude was-" I don;t care ship it".fedex nor mail or ups was running .I thought see was out of her mind - she lived in delray beach - they were hit also. iI could not ship it unitl a week later - she cancelled and called every legal entitity in the state on this $40 as if I was a theif.So she likely called the BBB. Tell me -What do i do with lunatics like this?Its not worth the time responding to the paperwork from such an absurd person.As for the other ones who knows... BBB inquieries are astouindingly rare to me as you found out.
Now i am sure some of you think just one is ONE too many - fine .Then you have never run a business .Please go and run a business and then come back to me and tell how to attain perfection.
It seems many of you on rennlist allow for nothing /no room for failure.Again you then have never been running a company.Get back to me when you have the experience of being a boss to any company
A gun
Old 03-24-2009, 09:40 PM
hello911
Intermediate

210,000?

really????
Old 03-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Stephenkng
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AGLA
4 compliants in 20 years?- I incorporated in 1988 .I looked at my sales since 1986 when it was just a hobby .I have had a total of 100 order per month on average a year since times 21 years then - that gives me @210000 orders in that same peroid and only 4 BBB isssues? What the stats on that ? Off the top of my head @ .005% that end up with a BBB issue.
I am not a BBB member because they want me in it and they happen to call me all the time to sign up and join them .And honestly it an expense I dont need when I purchase $10000's of leather hides here.
So spare me how horrible 4 complaints people out of 21000 over a 20 year period is bad.
Now in good faith i will call the BBB and see what the deal is there and see if i can clear up these 4
issues
Now one I do remember one - A lady bought a shiftboot who lived about 20 miles north of here in ft lauderdale for a lotus .She ordered it the day before a hurricane was possbly going to hit south floridda about 4 years ago .We lost power and were shut down for a week.Trees were laying about everywhere and power was out from south miami to West palm for weeks .She could not get a hold us thus freaked out and demended that I send her the boot.How could i when all of south florida had been hammered by the storm. She lived here and her attitude was-" I don;t care ship it".fedex nor mail or ups was running .I thought see was out of her mind - she lived in delray beach - they were hit also. iI could not ship it unitl a week later - she cancelled and called every legal entitity in the state on this $40 as if I was a theif.So she likely called the BBB. Tell me -What do i do with lunatics like this?Its not worth the time responding to the paperwork from such an absurd person.As for the other ones who knows... BBB inquieries are astouindingly rare to me as you found out.
Now i am sure some of you think just one is ONE too many - fine .Then you have never run a business .Please go and run a business and then come back to me and tell how to attain perfection.
It seems many of you on rennlist allow for nothing /no room for failure.Again you then have never been running a company.Get back to me when you have the experience of being a boss to any company
A gun

I run my business since 1993 and have no compliant. I should be very proud I guess.
For your customer to call BBB for a compliant, you have to say it must be pretty bad. Unless you think they have nothing better to do.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Sadiq
Pro

Alan,

With every post, you make yourself look worse and worse. Clearly noone on rennlist will ever purchase an agla product. You haven't shown any good examples of your work, you only state that you've had 20 years of happy customers. All we know is that 3 people have come forth attacking your work and communication (and you've now told us about a fourth), no people have come forth defending you, and youre suing a former customer.

Also, you are a gun.

Last edited by Sadiq; 03-24-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:23 PM
tobyport
Instructor

While we are on the topic of steering wheels and leather, has anyone used this fellow?

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/PorscheLeather.html
Old 03-24-2009, 10:48 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Sorry Iit was 21000 not 210000.
Great for you about no BBB issues.Glad to see someone is perfect.
I know large owners of major corporatios down to the smallest.It hard to satisfy everyone all the time in any business .Good for you.
My history in mostly with the older cars so in the 911/914/944 forums they know me better.You'll notice most of this negative stuff is in the 997 /caymen/boxster area They have been some nice things said - since you hate me already _ I know you are not going to waste your time looking for them.
I just spoke to several sponsors and actually they told of some disasters some of my competitors have done to them with wheels.So no one can be perfect -and if I am so horrible how can it be that I am even saying something understanding about a competitor.If i was so horrible wouldn't I be trash talking them? Mentioning there name?? No - I understand what all of us business owners go through....

And as to tobysport yes I have wheels .See this link to some of the wheels I have done-I have not posted pictures here because i do have a business to run nor do I have time to upload pictures and spend some time on it .i have to take care of day today issues and daily production.I will try to get a redone web site done soon-I have not had a chance to update it in quite some time and a myspace page loaded with alot of pictures.Ebay makes its easy for me to run an ad
Heres a ebay link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

if there is a specific wheel type you are looking for i can email you pictures.
thanks A Gun
Old 03-24-2009, 10:56 PM
997, esq
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to pile on here, but anyone who would resort to threatening or bring a lawsuit over something like this, deserves to be boycotted. So far, I have seen (a) stories where people claim you have botched your work and disasterously mismanaged customer car (are they all lying?) (b) photographic evidence of terrible work (are the pictures fake?), and (c) four complaints to the BBB (all baseless?).
Old 03-24-2009, 11:03 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

This is the first time i have ever looked at BBB
There are no complaints - just 4 unanswered repsonses
Here's a actual BBB InfoI just copied and pasted

The following grid displays the number and responses to complaints over the last 36 months:

No. of Cmpl Type of Response
0 Making a full refund, as the consumer requested
0 Making a partial refund
0 Agreeing to perform according to their contract
0 Refusing to make an adjustment
0 Refuse to adjust, relying on terms of agreement
4 Unanswered
0 Unassigned
4 Total

So 4 unanswered to BBB make me an F -Where does it say i failed to adjust/ agree to terms/perform to contractual etc.?Just 4 unanswered letters from me.There are no comments about me anywhere . NOTHING. No one has even bothered to write a thing about me.Now yes a F ratting I don't like however some of you are so quck to condemn but you did not read through it- did you?? frankly i thought I would find the crasy lady from delray would have a novel wriiten out on me-NOTHING IS THERE.

What i will do is contact the BBB -avoid their annoying sales pitch they always throw to join up and answer these four unansewered .

Last edited by AGLA; 03-24-2009 at 11:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: AGLA CUSTOM STEERING WHEELS for 997