Does Sporto chrono on PDk speeds up shifts in manual mode

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 01:51 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Does Sporto chrono on PDk speeds up shifts in manual mode

Dealer has a base 911 Targa PDK with no Sport chrono

1) Does Sporto chrono using Sport/Sport plus on PDk speeds up shifts when using the paddles in manual mode?

2) Since targa is meant to bring in more light ,are the ventilates seats worth it? saw one in sand beige and it feels good to the touch with all those perforations, how is it in black leather?

Last edited by casaforte9; 02-08-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:55 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 396 Likes on 271 Posts

1) In manual mode probably not, because there's no shifting mapping, as you do the shifting. I would still get it though. You can drive the car routinely in D mode and tweak it manually using the paddles and in any case you may prefer to set SC in Sport mode.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My understanding is that in "sport" the shifts are faster and in "D" they occur higher up the rev range and shift down sooner.

If I were to ever buy a car with PDK I would insist on having S/C. Without it the car I drove with PDK was a slurry old dog - more poser than Porsche.

Be patient! It's worth waiting for what you want, rather than having instant gratification and regretting it later.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:05 PM
jlinmd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Le Chef
My understanding is that in "sport" the shifts are faster and in "D" they occur higher up the rev range and shift down sooner.

If I were to ever buy a car with PDK I would insist on having S/C. Without it the car I drove with PDK was a slurry old dog - more poser than Porsche.

Be patient! It's worth waiting for what you want, rather than having instant gratification and regretting it later.
+1.

I test drove a C2S Cab PDK w/o S/C and C2S PDK w/ S/C back to back and it's a world of difference that "Sport" button makes!!!!! The C2S Cab was a sloth....or drove more like a luxury cruiser, which is totally not what I want when I drive a Porsche. PDK with S/C is a beast! Also when you opt for the S/C Plus, you get launch control.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:06 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Yes in manual mode when in sport and sport plus it speeds up the shift when you press the steering wheel toggle or use the stick shift to row through the gears...BIG DIFFERENCE between normal mode and the sport and sport plus modes. Also the shifts are more postive and click off very fast in sport and even more so in sport plus either in manual or auto mode.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:30 AM
lgascoig
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to my dealer, yes.

Quick Reply: Does Sporto chrono on PDk speeds up shifts in manual mode