Sponsored by:

Photo Shoot: 997 911s

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 03:00 PM
jeremy@matrix
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Ucube
+1. Factory scripts I can put up with, provided it's not an advertising slogan. For example, a "There is no substitute" script on any Porsche would also be cringe-worthy even from the factory.
Ha, touche!

However, in our defense ( ) if we just had "Matrix Integrated" on the cars, people who don't know who we are would question what Matrix Integrated is doing on there....with our catch phrase, people can deduce that it has something to do with German Autos.

Of course I suppose the same could be said for the lay person who questions what "GT3 RS" means...but that's another conversation right?
Old 02-11-2009, 04:05 PM
DanJK
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesus. You guys are tough.
The car is gorgeous. The script is marketing. Get it? They do this for a living. You know, jobs and stuff....
Old 02-11-2009, 04:09 PM
MishaDesigns
Former Vendor

very nice
Old 02-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Malore
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeremy,

The graphics look fine. I don't know what all the fuss is about. It doesn't bother me in the least and I think it's awesome of Carl to sport the company on his car!!! It's minute, tiny, little. In no way does it detract from the vehicle. In fact, the first time I saw Carl's 997 and saw that it was tagged with Matrix, I thought to myself, "That car MUST be bad ***!"
Old 02-11-2009, 04:50 PM
jeremy@matrix
Racer

Originally Posted by DanJK
Jesus. You guys are tough.
The car is gorgeous. The script is marketing. Get it? They do this for a living. You know, jobs and stuff....
LOL thanks Dan and Misha. Better de-script your car though Misha.

Originally Posted by DanJK
Jeremy,
The graphics look fine. I don't know what all the fuss is about. It doesn't bother me in the least and I think it's awesome of Carl to sport the company on his car!!! It's minute, tiny, little. In no way does it detract from the vehicle. In fact, the first time I saw Carl's 997 and saw that it was tagged with Matrix, I thought to myself, "That car MUST be bad ***!"
Thanks much Mark. I just wanted to clear the air a bit. Now if a 997 had the Coca-Cola script on the side of it, yeah, that'd be a bit odd.
Looks like the 6speed guys loved it all; http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...-portland.html

everyone.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:39 PM
autoboy70
Intermediate

Just want to put my 2 cents in. I personally like the decals. Especially the ones on the mirrors. However, I don't like the Matrix logo on it, or the slogan. I don't think it looks terrible, but the slogan just reminds me of the stupid slogans some people put on their Jeeps. "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand." Well, I WAS a big time jeep guy, and I understood that you are a douche for putting that lame jeep slogan on your rig. Your slogan is at least better than that. I think they would be awesome without any words on them though. Or maybe just the Matrix logo.

I don't know if this is spelled out well in the post. Are these decals available for purchase? If they are purely because you are displaying a Matrix show car then I can completely understand the Matrix logo and slogan on there. If they are available to the layperson as decals, then I would ditch the slogan and perhaps even the Matrix logo.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:32 AM
jeremy@matrix
Racer

Originally Posted by autoboy70
Just want to put my 2 cents in. I personally like the decals. Especially the ones on the mirrors. However, I don't like the Matrix logo on it, or the slogan. I don't think it looks terrible, but the slogan just reminds me of the stupid slogans some people put on their Jeeps. "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand." Well, I WAS a big time jeep guy, and I understood that you are a douche for putting that lame jeep slogan on your rig. Your slogan is at least better than that. I think they would be awesome without any words on them though. Or maybe just the Matrix logo.

I don't know if this is spelled out well in the post. Are these decals available for purchase? If they are purely because you are displaying a Matrix show car then I can completely understand the Matrix logo and slogan on there. If they are available to the layperson as decals, then I would ditch the slogan and perhaps even the Matrix logo.
No, decals aren't available for purchase. They're exclusively for our own shop cars or high profile cars we've built.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:10 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default nice

Nice car, nice graphics, GREAT pics...... RENNLIST is an amazing forum and the knowledge base here is second to none but this is a forum of "purists" (well many) and that's not a dig by any means just a fact. Anything out of the norm, unique, different etc sometimes gets a negative/mixed response.

In general I am not a fan of Graphics either, but also do appreciate when something is done well. These are done well IMO, if graphics is something one wanted to do these came out nice.

Nice job being different ........
Old 02-12-2009, 01:19 PM
jeremy@matrix
Racer

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Nice car, nice graphics, GREAT pics...... RENNLIST is an amazing forum and the knowledge base here is second to none but this is a forum of "purists" (well many) and that's not a dig by any means just a fact. Anything out of the norm, unique, different etc sometimes gets a negative/mixed response.

In general I am not a fan of Graphics either, but also do appreciate when something is done well. These are done well IMO, if graphics is something one wanted to do these came out nice.

Nice job being different ........
Got it.

Thanks for the kind words Mick.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:12 PM
ATL-Porsche
Advanced

Jeremy, tough crowd. I actually like the graphics minus the slogan but as someone astutely pointed out, it's marketing lol.

I've never seen someone do vinyl for the mirrors before, only carbon fiber inserts. Looks neat, but then again I am in the minority here.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:16 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default know the feeling....

I powder coated my stock 997 calipers yellow..... I just like the yellow contrast, but some got their panties all in a bunch over it. That said, gotta love the purists, these people are typically well versed on porsche data, willing to help with questions, etc.... great people to have on the board without a doubt; make this board as valuable as it is..... But sometimes needs to be balanced out by those a little more daring on what they do on their cars....

Nice car buddy......

Originally Posted by jeremy@matrix
Got it.

Thanks for the kind words Mick.

Last edited by mickfluff; 12-06-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:00 PM
jeremy@matrix
Racer

Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
Jeremy, tough crowd. I actually like the graphics minus the slogan but as someone astutely pointed out, it's marketing lol.

I've never seen someone do vinyl for the mirrors before, only carbon fiber inserts. Looks neat, but then again I am in the minority here.
Thanks, I think the vinyl for the mirrors turned out very well. TechArt-esque, but certainly not the price.

Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
I powder coated my stock 997 calipers yellow..... I just like the yellow contrast, but some got their panties all in a bunch over it. That said, gotta love the purists, these people are typically well versed on porsche data, willing to help with questions, etc.... great people to have on the board without a doubt; make this board as valuable as it is..... But sometimes needs to be balanced out by those a little more daring on what they do on their cars....

Nice car buddy......
Yeah, I bet. No PCCB's but yellow calipers, how could you? At least they're not leopard print or something to that effect.
Diversity is good.
PS--nice choice of wheels.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:58 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default thanks

thanks, always loved the RUF wheels....

There was a mod I did that was recieved well, it was the 997TT wing fabricated to fit my narrow bodied N/A 997.....

Originally Posted by jeremy@matrix
Thanks, I think the vinyl for the mirrors turned out very well. TechArt-esque, but certainly not the price.

Yeah, I bet. No PCCB's but yellow calipers, how could you? At least they're not leopard print or something to that effect.
Diversity is good.
PS--nice choice of wheels.

Quick Reply: Photo Shoot: 997 911s