Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of discount might be obtained on a new C4S?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:11 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great, now how about answering the original posters question?

What kind of discount might be obtained on a new C4S?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:02 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think almost every one of the replies gave opinions on how much. I saw 9%, 10%, $10k, etc.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:27 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

^

But our illustrious sponsor had carefully not answered, unless I missed it! If so, please refer me to it.

I am always curious, and wish to quantify the "value" proposition that Sponsors purport to bring to the loyal membership.

Rennlist is special place, and the members (and potential members) deserve "straight up" answers.

E.G. "The best price I know of is $X dollars under invoice, but my Dealership can't meet that for the following reasons. However, if you have a relationship with us we can ensure that you can get the rarer models irrespective of distance from our Dealership"
Old 02-03-2009, 11:34 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Thank you all. I will be working with my friend to get this done. He is trading up from an 02 C2. Did get a pm from Likemystoppie. The insight and experience is much appreciated. AS
Old 02-03-2009, 11:47 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

^
So now after asking the question publicly are we all expected to go quiet and play the guessing game or "work our own deal"

We can go to any dealer to do that, and don't need Sponsors.

Amazing!

You have PM
Old 02-04-2009, 04:06 PM
ds2k1
Racer

I sort of agree. Can we get the poster's original question answered publicly by someone in the know? it would be valuable information for everyone else contemplating the purchase of an '09.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:18 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I am looking around to trade in a 05 Boxster S and would be quite interested in seeing what kind of numbers (discount) are being talked about on a PDK C2S.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:26 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you guys not reading all the replies after the OP? I said it already once, read the posts, there are 3 or 4 that give exact figures for what discounts are being received. I got 10% off my ordered 2009 C2S, others report receiving $10k, 9%, 8%, etc. How much clearer can we get?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:59 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Ron, which dealers are you talking about?
Old 02-04-2009, 05:25 PM
ds2k1
Racer

Originally Posted by Rob in WA
I can do 10% for a car we have on the lot.
Perfect! Thanks for the very direct respose.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I think most of us who sell for porsche can get down to 10% off depending on the car. We may not want to but it can be done. Heck we have 2 08 C2S's and a couple of Cayman S's which we can knock a heck of a lot more off
Old 02-05-2009, 01:18 PM
tcs2tx
3rd Gear

A couple of weeks ago, I got a 2008 C4S Cab for 19% off MSRP.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Okay I'll bite.

I don't post discounts on RL for one simple reason.

VALUE.

I value my current clients. I value my previous clients. And I value the reality that 'clearly' it ain't all about the money folks.

Colm, I think you're just looking for a fight, like usual. Play nice would ya? lol

Why does stoppie say it's not all about the money? I'll tell you why. Because there's a lot of folks who have $$ to spend, yet when they talk to one dealer- the sky is falling, yet another one says 'business is pretty good' and yet another a different response.

Have ANY of you been paying attention? Porsche ain't building jack ****e for cars. Infact some of you (my counterparts) have had CARS taken away from your allocation. They're working on the other side of the coin to ensure 'supply and demand' get back into balance.

But that's not even the point I'm trying to make. The point I'm trying to make is, I only have 2 C4S coupes. I gave the OP my website to check out the cars. He never responded. And based on the typical directness of the RL crowd; no contact means no interest.

What if he wanted Cobalt? What if he wanted PASM SPORT PLUS, with Contrasting stitching? What if???

Sorry but if you don't like the color combo, or the equipment listed on the car- a few thousand isn't really going to make you say "OMG THAT'S IT!! I WANT IT!!"

Nope. The person who strokes a check for a 09 C2S is the same person who can buy a Turbo. It's about a percieved value. So if you don't like the cars I have, and considering that dealers are now 'hiding' their inventories to other dealers per PCNA's recommendation- so I can't see one to do a dealer trade;

Then there is NO REASON to just throw out numbers. Because it doesn't friggin matter. You can buy whatever you want, when you want.

One guy buys a 08 for 19% off , the other buys a 09 for 10% off, and another get's 6% off. Pretty much all the same buyer.

Find a car you like. Or car(s). Buy from someone you trust and who has a good solid reputation.

That's what a 'good deal' is folks.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:49 PM
jlinmd
Racer

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Okay I'll bite.

Find a car you like. Or car(s). Buy from someone you trust and who has a good solid reputation.

That's what a 'good deal' is folks.

I trust someone who has lots of experience and wealth of knowledge about P-cars, who's a sales manager, client advisor, lot boy, someone who plows the snow, delivers pizza, and gives great discounts.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by jlinmd
I trust someone who has lots of experience and wealth of knowledge about P-cars, who's a sales manager, client advisor, lot boy, someone who plows the snow, delivers pizza, and gives great discounts.
Throw in receptionist and roadside assistance and that list will be almost complete! lol

Quick Reply: What kind of discount might be obtained on a new C4S?