Sponsored by:

09 997.2 Exhaust Mod's Review

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 05:13 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Personally, I distrust Fabspeed claims for increased power. I recall the supercup exhaust on the 993, sounded fantastic but independent dyno testing showed a loss in power and if driven a lot on track, it melted the rear bumper cover! Don't get me started on air filters and such which claim significant HP increases! If you want to make more noise, no problem. You'll be happy with a non-oem system. If you seriously expect a real change in power, well you might be disappointed. Consider that PSE which bypasses the very muffles causing restrictions is rated as a zero increase by Porsche. There is a clue there.
Best,
Well stated.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:12 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Sharkwerks could better answer this but from my understanding with the PDK car the computer reads what speed the front wheels are turning. If they are not turning and the rears are the computer will throw a code and put the PDK car into a limp mode.
Correct mdrums and for Adias the reason is that the transmission computer (TCU) goes into limp mode if you try to dyno the car in RWD mode. If the front wheels aren't turning exactly as the rears it thinks something is wrong and you get "stuck" in limp mode. It has to be done on somewhat of a lossy AWD mustang dyno that is mechanically linked or else she just won't pull in any gear. Using this set up is nice though as we get zero fault codes of any sort but yes we do see lower baselines/peaks than most of the other dynos that way since it's doing all the work for AWD mode. However we at least get to see some deltas in performance this way and can at least test/tune the car. No doubt a 6speed is so much easier to operate on a dyno and of course in 2WD mode.

Quick Reply: 09 997.2 Exhaust Mod's Review