997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Bumper Removal DIY + Grille Install

Old 03-29-2018, 01:41 PM
kenza
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, for some reason I cannot access any of Carrera Mike's links. Anyone has DIY's saved somewhere?
Old 03-29-2018, 02:24 PM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kenza
Guys, for some reason I cannot access any of Carrera Mike's links. Anyone has DIY's saved somewhere?
Me too. Can't access links.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:13 PM
Ken968
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Found this on youtube.It may be helpful.

Ken
Old 10-06-2018, 01:27 AM
Markryan
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here. Hope we're not too late to the party. Just picked up a 21k mile 2011 GTS and vacuumed what seemed like pounds of leaves, insects, and a bird from the 2 side radiators. Planning on driving this car a lot, and don't want to have to worry about these radiators collecting more junk.

I bought the gutter screen and would love to leave headlights in while just pulling the bumper cover to do the install from behind as Mike did. Anyone know of a good source for step- by-step guide?

Mark
Old 10-06-2018, 11:02 AM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,247 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Mark - it is a fairly straightforward job as you'll see. I do suggest removing the headlights, but that step is so easy and takes roughly 30 seconds per headlight that there is no good reason not too. They simply unplug once you put the tool in the hole and rotate. Here is a link to a thread that has some additional info in it: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...er-cover.html. The trickiest part is pulling the metal spring clip off from the inside area near the headlight. Once you see how it works, you'll see that there is nothing to it.

Once the cover is off, you can actually pull the condensers away from the radiators and remove tons more crud. I installed the screens, and they really hold down the crap.

Good luck and post up your experience to add to the knowledge base.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:05 AM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by linderpat
Mark - it is a fairly straightforward job as you'll see. I do suggest removing the headlights, but that step is so easy and takes roughly 30 seconds per headlight that there is no good reason not too. They simply unplug once you put the tool in the hole and rotate. Here is a link to a thread that has some additional info in it: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...er-cover.html. The trickiest part is pulling the metal spring clip off from the inside area near the headlight. Once you see how it works, you'll see that there is nothing to it.

Once the cover is off, you can actually pull the condensers away from the radiators and remove tons more crud. I installed the screens, and they really hold down the crap.

Good luck and post up your experience to add to the knowledge base.
Link is not working. Could you repost? Going to do this today.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another Bumper Removal DIY + Grille Install