Porsche sport exhaust vs 3rd party

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 01:59 PM
GSXR750
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Porsche sport exhaust vs 3rd party

Hello all,

i was thinking about the idea of modifying the exhaust beyond the sharkwerks x-pipe.
I’ve seen multiple aftermarket systems mentioned here but not the Porsche unit with the sport software.

I have a 2010 Carrera six speed, and have been on the fence of starting to add mods or save, sell and upgrade.

Again thanks for any input.

Mike
Old 10-05-2018, 02:03 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

I think the Porsche option will be (by far) the most expensive. For less money, you can get more HP and/or a sound that is more to your liking.

Are you looking to improve performance or change the sound--or both?
Old 10-05-2018, 02:31 PM
GSXR750
Racer

Originally Posted by Iceter
I think the Porsche option will be (by far) the most expensive. For less money, you can get more HP and/or a sound that is more to your liking.

Are you looking to improve performance or change the sound--or both?
Since it’s a base Carrera was thinking I didn’t want to devalue the car with aftermarket mods, so if most of the performance mods a factory it would be easier to sell and trade up and then eventually I hope a GT3.

Mike
Old 10-05-2018, 04:05 PM
Steve 911
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXR750

Since it’s a base Carrera was thinking I didn’t want to devalue the car with aftermarket mods, so if most of the performance mods a factory it would be easier to sell and trade up and then eventually I hope a GT3.

Mike
In this case you'd be spending $1 to save a penny. If you choose aftermarket mods, just keep your stock parts and put them back on when it's time to upgrade.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:52 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike
Hey Mike,

You already have a SW X-Pipe on the car so it wouldn't make any sense it would devalue any further than it already has, not that I think it would in the first place with these mods. What kind of sound improvement are you looking for in regards to the tone and the overall sound level?
Old 10-05-2018, 08:44 PM
GSXR750
Racer

Originally Posted by AutoQuest Motorsports
Hey Mike,

You already have a SW X-Pipe on the car so it wouldn't make any sense it would devalue any further than it already has, not that I think it would in the first place with these mods. What kind of sound improvement are you looking for in regards to the tone and the overall sound level?
actually not looking for sound but performance. That’s why I was thinking factory sport exhaust that I can turn off and not annoy the non Porsche peeps along with the factory sport software.

Thanks
mike
Old 10-05-2018, 09:05 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

actually not looking for sound but performance. That’s why I was thinking factory sport exhaust that I can turn off and not annoy the non Porsche peeps along with the factory sport software.

Thanks
mike
The side mufflers aren't going to net you any notable gain in performance, maybe a few on a dyno but not something you'll actually feel. The power is in the headers and the software. It you put a set of race headers and a tune on your car you'll definitely feel that.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:25 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

agency power
Old 10-06-2018, 12:41 AM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

PSE just changes the sound. There is no HP gain, according to Porsche’s own marketing material.

So so if you’re looking for more horsepower, you’re wasting your money.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:41 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceter
PSE just changes the sound. There is no HP gain, according to Porsche’s own marketing material.

So so if you’re looking for more horsepower, you’re wasting your money.

Yup. As has been said here at least a thousand times, the only way to add any meaningful power to a NA 997 is to buy a supercharger like RL member Petza914 did. Some after market exhaust brands claim 15-20 hp gains. One of them is Tubi. I've had Tubi systems on two of my 997's and if there was any HP gain on either one of them I couldn't tell.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:32 AM
Presto
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Fvd has tons of exhaust option from loud to wild and for different budgets.
there is tubi, cargraphic as well. Other options as well but I listed the ones I like the best.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:16 PM
GSXR750
Racer

Thanks again for the advice, experience and input.

I think ill I’ll just enjoy it, maintainin it and then upgrade.

Mike

Quick Reply: Porsche sport exhaust vs 3rd party