Sponsored by:

Genuine Porsche black leather

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 08:45 PM
niptuck
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genuine Porsche black leather

Hi, does anyone know where I can go to get hold of a roll of genuine Porsche black leather? I found out that Boxmark supplies them to Porsche but have tried in vain to reach them. My interior has got some pretty nasty scratches and would need new leather. Buying the trim panels new from the dealers would cost too much.

Alternatively, does anyone happen to have a used black leather glove lid for RHD 997 and a set of rear seats lying around? Or know where I can get them. These pieces are suffered the worst abuse.

tuck
Old 01-25-2009, 08:59 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I would think a Porsche salvage company would have those items. Luckily for you, black is the most common color, which should help find the items.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:44 PM
Po924S
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by niptuck
Hi, does anyone know where I can go to get hold of a roll of genuine Porsche black leather? I found out that Boxmark supplies them to Porsche but have tried in vain to reach them. My interior has got some pretty nasty scratches and would need new leather. Buying the trim panels new from the dealers would cost too much.

Alternatively, does anyone happen to have a used black leather glove lid for RHD 997 and a set of rear seats lying around? Or know where I can get them. These pieces are suffered the worst abuse.

tuck
Any pictures of these scratches?
Old 01-25-2009, 10:07 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this worked well for scratched leather I had (not car seat)
http://www.leathermagic.com/Pages/lthrrecolrkit.htm
Old 01-25-2009, 11:55 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Tuck,

Click on Sponsores at the top right hand corner of the secren and then click on 928 Leather Shop. He did a leather center console lid cover for one of the guys on the 996 Forum. SInce he is in the "business" he may be able to get some of the OEM leather.

Kevin's comment about contacting a Porsche salvage yard is also a good option.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:46 AM
niptuck
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a picture of the scratch on the glove lid

Did try salvage, but mine's RHD, so the US market which typically has the most salvage porsches is out for me. I think I did try porschapart in the UK but they don't have the glove lid at the moment. Any brits here know other good salvage in the UK?

As for the rear seats, someone on ebay suggested that his cabrio seats could possibly fit a coupe, so I bought it without much verification except looking at the 997 parts catalog for comparison. But as it turned out, I was informed that the latches are different. Anyone can confirm this? The guy's not willing to take the seats back. I did however find a set of coupe rear seats in the US, but they cost USD1.5k, and I'm not sure if I want to shell out so much for a set of used ones.

Will give the 928 leather shop a try.

thanks for the replies,
tuck
Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2009, 01:24 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

How did the glove lid (glove box in USA) get so scratched?

Quick Reply: Genuine Porsche black leather