Sponsored by:

Test drove 09 911 Targa 4s- Awesome

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 09:19 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 960 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by casaforte9
1) The AWD on Targa made it seem like it was on rails even with the roads being damp with light rain, I felt very confident
2) The sales guys who is very friendly, opened the roof on a damp day and cranked up the heat, it felt very good almost convertible like with very little wind coming into the car, with the sun roof closed and the new mesh closed he was saying very very little light comes into the car on a bright sunny day. With the mesh retracted back there was lot of light in the car, nice
3) The Taga 4s with PASM on Normal was very comfy and it is more pliant than 4s COUPE in Normal mode due to softer suspension BUT it still handled great

I was considering a 4s COUPE but now I am thinking of a Targa in white or silver

The 4s is too expnesive so may have to get the regular Targe 4 in PDK and PASM with 18" wheels
PASM on the base with 18s is not a good choice, read the Excellence magazine detailed review on the 997.2 where they make this specific point.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:52 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

NYCA,
Thanks for your feedback and I read the review of the Excellence article on 997.2 but I dont remember about PASM not being a good match wiith 18's

I remember that they said 18's and std supension is a good compromise between sport and comfort and they seem to NOT like the Sport PASM
Old 12-28-2008, 11:06 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 960 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by casaforte9
NYCA,
Thanks for your feedback and I read the review of the Excellence article on 997.2 but I dont remember about PASM not being a good match wiith 18's

I remember that they said 18's and std supension is a good compromise between sport and comfort and they seem to NOT like the Sport PASM
But you want PASM because you are getting the PDK? Are you getting sport chrono plus to go with it?

You are correct, I am re-reading the article now, and the specific combination they do not like is 19s with the standard suspension, but I wonder if all the PASM cars they tested had 19s, or did they test PASM with 18s?
Old 12-28-2008, 11:27 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

NYCA,
I am getting the PDK and Sport chrono Plus too since they both make a great combo

I think they typically test PASM with 19s specifically on S models. I had PASM with 18's on Cayman S and it gave supple ride and great handling

I wanted to test drives AWD and they had a Targa 4s so got to drive it

To my suprise loved the 4s feel and grip and was impressed with the Tagra openess and with the sunroof completely opened there was no wind draft at all

But the targa is expensive so may only get the Targa 4 and only if the targa is truly rattle free, some said it rattles after one or two cold seasons
Old 12-28-2008, 11:34 PM
RaceCarDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gota911
Ben Choi, is that you???
LOL
Old 02-02-2009, 03:14 PM
kennygoodboy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CBejbl
'08 Targa 4S...one of the great disappointments I've had. Absoulutely loved that car, but it creaked like the 3:10 to Yuma.

Loved the awd. Loved the Targa top. Drove around with it open nearly all year. Just could not accept the amount of noise coming from the creaky frame.

Would get another one in a minute if they could strengthen the body.
I tell myself the creaks give it "character". Helps me justify the $100k i spent

Quick Reply: Test drove 09 911 Targa 4s- Awesome