Sponsored by:

Daylight Running Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
Please let us know once you go through its paces.

I'm also interested in your full report once you have a chance to put on a few miles - suspension, steering, engine, transmission, etc.

Also, congratulations on your new car!

Ok, now paces to report yet, but, as one can expect, I spent the evening and early night pouring over the manuals and playing with the interior controls some more, and I did fire up the engine and read the manual on the lighting system.

So I officially retract my earlier statement on the DRL. As I observed, and as the manual indicates (Page 80) for a 997.2, the DRL are switched on when the engine is running AND the light switch is in the OFF or HOME position (ie the headlights are turned off). The manual then specifies:

Canada: in addition the parking lights are switched on
USA: DLR can be deactivated in the on-board computer.

Sport Chrono Plus: further individual light functions (eg DLR) are available ...

Ok, so that indicates, (as happens a LOT in the manual) that further reading in another section is required on page 128 (the start of the computer section)... if you then make your way through that all the way to page 158, where it talks abut the SET->Light option of the on board computer, the manual instructs the following:

USA Only:
Switch DLR OFF/ON.

So Doing the test: finding my way into the right menu, setting the DLR selection to OFF (and I am in a USA spec'd car), and starting the engine I find that : the DLRs do NOT come on.

So, the way to turn the LED DLR's off is in the on board computer (man pg 158). Now I'm assuming you only need the on board computer to do this (which everyone has) and not the sport chrono plus (which I have, but did not do any setting changes via the PCM... yet)

That said, I'm leaving mine enabled because I like the look and the added safety. Anything to keep another moron from crossing the center line and hitting me head-on again.

Quick Reply: Daylight Running Lights