Sponsored by:

Black Box Article

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008 | 01:44 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Default Black Box Article

Rather interesting. Particularly the part about German manufacturers not playing along...

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Busin...5888454&page=1
Old 11-11-2008 | 02:23 AM
abe
Burning Brakes

Thumbs down George Orwell would be so proud...

this just appears to be another step that big brother knows everything you are doing. I remember the times when it was "controversial" to have those street cameras. Now, you can't escape them. They promised it would only be used for traffic control....do wonder how quickly they know who a criminal is when a cop goes down. No witnesses...but they arrest someone within 24hrs...yeap big brother reviewing those videos. Good for the Germans...I won't buy a car with a black box that will give information can be used against you when a traffic accident occurs...what next gps to follow your whereabouts? How about id implants with gps...wait didn't someone already suggest that for newborns in case they get lost or stolen. I am glad I am on the way out...feel sorry for the new generation...I doubt 25years from now anyone will know what true freedom is all about.
abe
Old 11-11-2008 | 06:22 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

gear down abe, it's not the end of the world...deep breaths...

btw, porsche knows if you've overrevved that that's why cylinder 6 blew up...
Old 11-11-2008 | 08:14 PM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

+1 abe.....

Matt
Old 11-11-2008 | 08:33 PM
87 944 C
Drifting

no even now there really isn't all that much freedom, you ever read the warrenty contracts on a new car?

i could understand it from a auto companies perspective, but at the same time i wanna enjoy a 911 for the reason it as bought, not a car that on the road is no different than the chevy cobolt.

overall, that's a really good article to put everything into perspective from your own personal life, to auto insurance, to warrenty policies.

i do like that german companies don't want to, anyone know if porsche is in the group? it stated that some german companies, not all.

Quick Reply: Black Box Article