Sponsored by:

Bose vs Stock Sound...My research and opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 10:58 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by adfsouth
Mike, thanks for the review and congrats on the new ride!! Please post some pics....I'd love to see what she looks like ...
Hey Andrew, enjoying the wheels! I wish I never sold 'em now...oh well I will be back next year. The car is awesome and I have been driving it so much and traveling for business i have not yet taken 1 photo. It is red with balck and red interior and only performance options like the lowered sport suspension, LSD ect, except for the red center console. I will take some pics this weekend.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:53 PM
SLVRon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Texarkana
no highs no lows must be Bose
BOSE = Better Off with Something Else
Old 05-21-2017, 01:46 PM
Frank996

Received 146 Likes on 51 Posts

The BOSE non-MOST factory system fitted in my old (and now sold) 996 sounded absolutely fantastic compared to the standard lofi fitted in my current 997.2 C4S...
Old 05-22-2017, 06:11 AM
gasongasoff
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

No highs no lows
Old 05-22-2017, 02:53 PM
kevinthickey
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

I have the standard (non-Bose) system in my 997.2 and it sounds horrific. I can't believe someone paid almost $90k for he car originally and they were ok with how it sounded. My daily driver is a Ford Fusion and the system is 10X better. I'm not a huge fan of Bose, but I think it's still worth the upgrade in these cars.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:14 PM
Adam928sInNYC
AutoX

Default Just a recommendation

Originally Posted by mdrums
Actually I like the Bose headphones I use for my iPod while on the plane! However I am told there are now other brands out on the market that sound better bt I have not auditioned them yet.
You might want to try out the Plantronics Back Beat Pro. They can run on Bluetooth or direct, frequency response is truly 20-20000 Hz, battery charge is one week if used daily.

They put the Bose away.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:03 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,419 Likes on 861 Posts

Actually I like the Bose headphones I use for my iPod while on the plane! However I am told there are now other brands out on the market that sound better bt I have not auditioned them yet.
Are these the noise cancelling ones? If so, I am surprised you, an audiophile, would like them. I have trouble with noise cancelling as I hear some awful phasy sound... like listening to those stereo-processed mono records from the 60s with headphones... yikes.

For noise, I just use a brick-wall headphone... I have owned two sets of Etymotics and still use them to this day. Just ram-em-in-there plugs and it just physically blocks sound.... best for airtravel I ever found. I have the original, $300 model but I understand they have a few more now.... even this model has options.... the basic model I have has a very thin bass and I understand they addressed this... but anywho..

https://www.etymotic.com/consumer/earphones.html

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 06-04-2017, 11:13 AM
mcf1fan
Intermediate

Last edited by mcf1fan; 06-04-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:23 PM
LittleBitBent
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Alan, I am not sure about the old 997.1 stock system but from the 997.2 cars I have sat in the Bose sounds the same...no punch in the low end and horrible highs with harsh thin mids.

The Bose is still very unnatural sounding to me in the 2009 car...especially when I listen to well recorded acoustic music where I know the sound of the instruments and the recording. On heavy rock cd's with a super punchy bass drum like the last 2 Nickleback cd's the Bose really lacks the overall punch and sounds shrill at higher volumes.

The stock system I bet would totally kick the Bose butt (not hard to really do) if you had the stock speakers swapped out. The stock system seems to have some power but I'd check the effeciancy of the replacment speakers and this would save weight over the Bose system. Plus save money and get you much higher quality speakers for around the same amount of money or less than the Bose system.

I hope this helps...
MDrums, on behalf of all Canadians, I apologize for Nickelback. And have a look at B&W P5 headphones - I replaced noise cancelling ones with them and have never looked back.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:56 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Pretty sure Mike has found some better earphones in the 9 years since he posted in this thread...

Quick Reply: Bose vs Stock Sound...My research and opinion