Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 02:34 AM
mnalla
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

Well after months of much deliberation and countless hours of post searching/surfing and a series of posts requesting pics I have finally (I think) decided on my color and options choice for my special order 2009 C4s.

Here it is:

GT Silver w/Carrera Red Interior (may remotely consider AS with red or Meteor with Nat Brwn)
Manual transmission

Options:
Short Throw Shifter - XCZ
Adaptive Sport Seats - P01
Park Assist System - 635
Self Dimming Mirrors - 267
Sport Chrono Pkg Plus - 640
Thicker Steering Whl - XPA
Bi-color Interior Instructions - 970
Deviating Carpet - 24951 (dark gray or blk)
Heated Seats - 342
Floor Mats Dev. Carpet Color - 810
Dynamic Corner Lights - 603
Phone Prep Bluetooth - 619
Univ Audio Interface - 870
Bose Audio - 680
Sport Exhaust - 176
17 mm rear Wheel spacers
5 mm front wheel spacers

So what do ya think? Am I missing any special options? As I have a January build with a March delivery booking my order has to be confirmed with all options by early November.

This is a 41 year dream come true for me and my first ever P car. I know some of you may not like the color combo but I am essentially buying to enjoy for many years and not thinking about re-sale as the primary motive.

Welcome any thoughts and suggestions! A special thanks to all of you for helping me decide over the many months of contemplation.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few thoughts:
No Nav?
Don;t bother with Sport Chrono - it's a $900 placebo effect.
Consider rear center console in leather and glove compartment lid with logo and the tiny piece of trim ahead of the gear shift in leather.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mnalla
Well after months of much deliberation and countless hours of post searching/surfing and a series of posts requesting pics I have finally (I think) decided on my color and options choice for my special order 2009 C4s.

Here it is:

GT Silver w/Carrera Red Interior (may remotely consider AS with red or Meteor with Nat Brwn)
Manual transmission

Options:
Park Assist System - 635
Heated Seats - 342
Bose Audio - 680
Sport Exhaust - 176
17 mm rear Wheel spacers
5 mm front wheel spacers

So what do ya think? Am I missing any special options? As I have a January build with a March delivery booking my order has to be confirmed with all options by early November.

This is a 41 year dream come true for me and my first ever P car. I know some of you may not like the color combo but I am essentially buying to enjoy for many years and not thinking about re-sale as the primary motive.

Welcome any thoughts and suggestions! A special thanks to all of you for helping me decide over the many months of contemplation.
Hi MNALLA -

I recall trading emails with you months ago about the GT Silver on Carrera Red interior.

Sure, I'm biased but I think you're going to love that color combination and FWIW, 7 months and 4,000 miles later I love my color combo more now than when I took delivery. It looks amazing, feels great, and full leather interior smells wonderful.

You've asked for opinions so here goes...
  1. I have the auto dimming mirrors on my car and to be honest, I've never turned that feature on once. If I were to do it again, I'd save that few hundred $.
  2. I don't have the parking assist and think that this option isn't worth the $. My 911 is nowhere near as low as the NSX it replaced and the visibility is great. I'd save the coin on that option as well.
  3. I got the Porsche crest in the center armrest. It's a great little touch that I love.
  4. I've been told that the PCM is world's better than the POS that is in my 2008. Even still, I'd forgo the Nav as you appear to have done since there are cheaper, portable, systems available.
  5. Is the Universal Audio option the option that allows you to directly connect your Ipod? If not... I'd definitely also order that.
  6. Painted crests for the wheels. Purely a cosmetic change but I think they look great.

Last edited by Da Hapa; 10-22-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Le Chef
A few thoughts:
No Nav?
Don;t bother with Sport Chrono - it's a $900 placebo effect.
Consider rear center console in leather and glove compartment lid with logo and the tiny piece of trim ahead of the gear shift in leather.
No offense intended, Chef, but I found it a hoot to have you say the sport chrono is a placebo effect (it does offer some configuration options you won't have otherwise, I'm told), and then proceed to suggest purely cosmetic additions such as leather covers and embossed logos.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:24 PM
rvklein
Racer

You need:

XM & Nav! And full supple leather.... mmmm SO NICE....
Old 10-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Thumbs up

Here it is:

Manual transmission

Options:
Park Assist System - 635
Heated Seats - 342
Bose Audio - 680
Sport Exhaust - 176
17 mm rear Wheel spacers
5 mm front wheel spacers

That looks like a pretty good list.

Do consider the glove compartment lid with logo. It is a minor mod, but looks great, and you can't get it afterwards.

Self dimming mirrors... not too much use for that, even less if you tint the windows.

Congratulations on fulfilling your dream
Old 10-22-2008, 05:33 PM
DanJK
Racer

You have it listed already, but +1 on the sport shifter. My 07 is second hand, but I was surprised how much I enjoy that option.

I would nix self dimming, park assist, and dynamic cornering lights and use the balance on full leather. Bose I can also do without, but I respect those that would rather listen to their radio over the engine symphony.

d
Old 10-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Congratulations!

The only two things missing are PDK and European delivery.

You can't get 17 mm spacers from the factory, right? Or did I miss something? I think they only offer 5 mm.

I'm with Klein in that XM would be nice, but then I saw the wart... and dropped it.

Enjoy!
Old 10-22-2008, 07:15 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by DanJK
You have it listed already, but +1 on the sport shifter. My 07 is second hand, but I was surprised how much I enjoy that option.

I would nix self dimming, park assist, and dynamic cornering lights and use the balance on full leather. Bose I can also do without, but I respect those that would rather listen to their radio over the engine symphony.

d
Agree w/Dan on most .... and Chef on the placebo .
Also ... in priorities (park assist warts, twisty headlamps, etc) possibly think about how NA cars look totally better if they're taken back down to civilized ride height ... so maybe set aside a couple bucks for Damptronics.

Alot to consider I know ... best of luck w/your order.
Oh ... by the way, don't listen to anyone here.
Your car.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rvklein
You need:

XM & Nav! And full supple leather.... mmmm SO NICE....
If he does spec. the Carrera Red Interior, he will enjoy the full, natural leather interior. And man is it beautiful.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Placebo

Originally Posted by Minok
No offense intended, Chef, but I found it a hoot to have you say the sport chrono is a placebo effect (it does offer some configuration options you won't have otherwise, I'm told), and then proceed to suggest purely cosmetic additions such as leather covers and embossed logos.
"Placebo is a substance or procedure a patient accepts as medicine or therapy, but which has no specific therapeutic activity. Any therapeutic effect is thought to be based on the power of suggestion."

S/C = placebo. Leather = luxury. If the center console was plastic masquarading as leather that would be a placebo effect.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:53 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Best color combo...

I'd order the Porsche crests in the headrests.

A nice, and relatively inexpensive 'exclusive programme' option.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:20 PM
mnalla
Intermediate

Thumbs up Thanks for the replies and input.....

In response to many of the suggestions:

Full leather is included and the Adaptive sport seats do not go with ventilated seats or supple leather.

The Carrera Red Special Lthr interior = full leather interior.

NAV - prefer my portable system as it is easy to update and far less expensive.

BOSE - no longer considering it given that I mostly listen to AM radio and the occasional Ipod based album on long drives.

PDK - always wanted a manual so never considered it.

Spacers - factory does not offer 17 mm but dealer will install it at time of delivery. Want to get as wide of a stance as I possibly can.

Glove Compartment Lid w/Logo - not aware of this but must now consider (thanks!).

Painted Crest Wheel Caps - yes forgot about that one (thanks!).

Center Armrest Logo or Model Insignia - another one to consider (thanks!).

Pls keep the suggestions coming and thanks again to those who provided their input. Much appreciated.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

In response to many of the suggestions:

Full leather is included and the Adaptive sport seats do not go with ventilated seats or supple leather.

The Carrera Red Special Lthr interior = full leather interior.

NAV - prefer my portable system as it is easy to update and far less expensive.

BOSE - no longer considering it given that I mostly listen to AM radio and the occasional Ipod based album on long drives.

PDK - always wanted a manual so never considered it.

Spacers - factory does not offer 17 mm but dealer will install it at time of delivery. Want to get as wide of a stance as I possibly can.

Glove Compartment Lid w/Logo - not aware of this but must now consider (thanks!).

Painted Crest Wheel Caps - yes forgot about that one (thanks!).

Center Armrest Logo or Model Insignia - another one to consider (thanks!).

Pls keep the suggestions coming and thanks again to those who provided their input. Much appreciated.

Glove Compartment Lid w/Logo - not aware of this but must now consider (thanks!). = Center Armrest Logo or Model Insignia - another one to consider (thanks!).

Those two are the same... sorry for the confusion... this is what it looks like (from mass27's car):

I second the comment on the Porsche crest in the seats. Nice touch.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:02 AM
lgascoig
Racer

Did you consider the heated steering wheel (since you're getting heated seats)? I left it off my order but in retrospect that was kind of dumb.

Also I agree with people about the sport chrono. Unless you're getting PDK.

I did not order the Bose. When the engine is as loud as it is in a 911 especially if you modify it, what's the point? For listening to sports talk radio or the news the stock one is fine so far. I'd rather put the money towards performance but to each his own.

I disagree with the forum about self-dimming. I ordered this option after having self-dimming on my WRX and with my crap night vision I wouldn't drive a car that didn't have this.

Aside from those remarks your order looks great!

Quick Reply: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!