Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhh

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008 | 10:50 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Default aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhh

my wife's new 997 has been at the port for > 10 days and still has NOT been released to the dealer.

waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

grumble grumble grumble

hmmmmm maybe i should take the google "goggles" test before i hit the post button.

naaaaaaaah.

be safe

craig
Old 10-22-2008 | 01:19 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Not to make you feel worse, but when you do get the car check the body very carefully to make sure there was no body damage they are repairing (hence the delay) that doesn't look perfect. Good luck!
Old 10-22-2008 | 06:12 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Great Jim - now you got him paranoid! ;-)
Old 10-22-2008 | 10:06 AM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JFScheck
Great Jim - now you got him paranoid! ;-)
Funny .... but Jim is right.
Old 10-22-2008 | 11:08 AM
zizu
Racer

Originally Posted by jcnesq
Not to make you feel worse, but when you do get the car check the body very carefully to make sure there was no body damage they are repairing (hence the delay) that doesn't look perfect. Good luck!
True! It happened to me before on a new BMW.
The car was repaired and repainted (except the roof). I never found out until I sold the car and Carfax was showing a "minor" damage at the port. The dealership never told me and sold me the car as brand new! Bunch of crooks! I didn't check Carfax before because the car was delivered with 7 miles.
I thought it was weird the right headlight was always coming out of its housing!
I always check now when I buy a new car. I know what to look for. I learn my lesson.

Last edited by zizu; 10-22-2008 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Grammar!
Old 10-22-2008 | 11:10 AM
mass27
Burning Brakes

cgfen, see my next post.
Old 10-22-2008 | 11:11 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

how far a drive did you say that port was Craig?.. I think you are typing that address in the navigator as we speak thats why you havent responded to this post...
Good luck man I trully hope its just paperwork causing the delay... Jim, send the man a packet of tranquilizers now cause the man wont be sleeping for the next few nights.
Old 10-22-2008 | 11:26 AM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zizu
True! It happened to me before on a new BMW.
The car was repaired and repainted (except the roof). I never found out until I sold the car and Carfax was showing a "minor" damage at the port. The dealership never told me and sold me the car as brand new! Bunch of crooks! I didn't check Carfax before because the car was delivered with 7 miles.
I thought it was weird the right headlight was always coming out of its housing!
I always check now when I buy a new car. I know what to look for. I learn my lesson.
BMW used an insurance co and it hit CarFax ..... how lame.
PDI has great internal facilities (to address minor blems that might be incurred during transit)
Old 10-22-2008 | 04:49 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mass27
cgfen, see my next post.
where?
when?
why?

joy, apparently my venting tilted the universe briefly in our favor, the car is now at the dealer.

pics to follow.

cheers

Craig
Old 10-22-2008 | 05:38 PM
_Nathan
Burning Brakes

My 08 997 S took 2 weeks to get from the port to the dealership (Tischer Porsche in Silver Spring MD) in July. The delay was caused by an audit that was being done. According to my salesperson, this is the reason: Porsche keeps production low to keep prices high, so some dealers can't get as many cars as they would like for their inventory. Dealers can order a certain number of cars for their inventory plus there are a limited number of cars available for custom order by customers. So dealers who want more cars for their inventory sometimes place fake customer custom orders. Porsche is on to this trick, so during the audit every custom ordered car was held at the port while they checked the paperwork to verify that the car was really custom ordered by a real customer.

When my 997 S finally arrived at the dealership it was in perfect condition. The salesman showed me the audit paperwork.

Last edited by _Nathan; 10-22-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-22-2008 | 10:51 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Wow, this thread title threw me for a loop.

I though it was Keith Oberman doing his Rupert Merdoch impression.

Glad it was only a delivery issue.

Deanski
Old 10-23-2008 | 01:46 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by _Nathan
My 08 997 S took 2 weeks to get from the port to the dealership (Tischer Porsche in Silver Spring MD) in July. The delay was caused by an audit that was being done. According to my salesperson, this is the reason: Porsche keeps production low to keep prices high, so some dealers can't get as many cars as they would like for their inventory. Dealers can order a certain number of cars for their inventory plus there are a limited number of cars available for custom order by customers. So dealers who want more cars for their inventory sometimes place fake customer custom orders. Porsche is on to this trick, so during the audit every custom ordered car was held at the port while they checked the paperwork to verify that the car was really custom ordered by a real customer.

When my 997 S finally arrived at the dealership it was in perfect condition. The salesman showed me the audit paperwork.
The same thing happened to me. And, having driven in earlier in Europe, it arrived in precisely the same condition as when I dropped it off 2 months earlier.

Normal.

Quick Reply: aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhh