Sponsored by:

Order for 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Minok
Why is there such polarization in views?

Why does it have to be you riding down a gravel road in summer on a luge sled in terms of ride... or the floating couch of a Buick are the only two options?

There's nothing wrong with wanting a firm but comfortable european sports ride on a Porsche.
I agree - it was asked about 19s w/o PASM. Personally, I liked my C2S w/PASM and 19s. I would always drive in sport mode, with PASM in "normal" mode. My RS4 rides like a dream on 19s but still handles well. On the other hand, my Cayman rides like it has stone dampers, but that's not why I bought it...
Old 10-02-2008, 07:09 AM
19_hole
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted to thank you all for your thoughts and opions. I did give this a bit of thought after living with my '05 for 38,000 miles.

This is my daily driver and it does not go to the track. I drive other dedicated track cars (Formula Ford, Exige mostly) on those occasions.

The Turbo wheel choice is purly cosmetic, I do not like the standard wheel on the car and I find the Turbo wheels the best looking, just personal preference. The ride is not an issue for me as I have driven cars equipped with 19" wheels and without PASM.

The LSD option is not a priority for me as this car does not go to the track, at less than 8/10ths on the street I don't see the need.

I have tried the sport seats, but my shoulders just don't fit properly (or comfortably) in them.

The Bose option also works for me. It is better than the Bose system in my '05 and better than the standard offering. As I lease my cars adding an after market system is not an option.

The most contoversial thing seems to be the Sport Chrono. Although it offers no performance benefits, I do find it useful. Again, as a daily driver being able to setup a number of car settings (lighting, wiper control, A/C and door locking) without having to go back to the dealer is useful. I have learned to live with the "wart" in my '05 and don't find it that intrusive.

Now if this were going to be a track car........it might look more like C2S, LSD, PDK with Sport Chrono (this transmission is really really fast!!!) and everything else left out.

Thanks Again to all
Old 10-03-2008, 12:29 AM
nyca
Drifting

Received 962 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
Sorry for my ignorance, but could you please reiterate what the issues are? I will also have 19s on my base C4 and wasn't aware of any problems. Thanks, I appreciate it!
october issue, page 59.

the november issue reviews the C4 997.2 specifically.

Quick Reply: Order for 997.2