Sponsored by:

Comments on my proposed order

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 10:05 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Comments on my proposed order

Just for grins and perhaps something I forgot your comments. I'm ordering a 2009 Carrera S in Artic Silver with the sea blue interior. Additionally it will have the adaptive sport seats, heated seats nav, Bose, factory fire bottle , Universal audio interface and bluetooth. I am getting the seat belts in silver to contrast the interior. The "S" comes with PASM but I am adding limited slip. Oh yes PDK transmission, at this point primarily for my young bride of 41 years marriage. ..... but I have driven a car with the PDK and was very impressed. That says alot for a hardcore stick shift guy, its' shifts are fast smooth and seemless. In fact if you not looking at the tach and the panel disply you may not know the transmission has shifted up or down.

Lastly I already have a set of BBS RS GT wheels in diamond black that I took off my GT3 that will go on the car

What have I left out, and then the decision, what Porsche to part with or just add to the stable. Retirement is fun and not for lazy folks
Old 09-26-2008, 10:29 AM
nahtnoj
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that is gonna be beautiful. I love blue interiors on silver, yellow, white and even light blue cars.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Depending on budget, consider the rear console in leather, very nice touch and a lot of in-your-face space for the usual plastic.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 09-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, I second the rear console in leather, particularly for any non-black interior. It makes a world of difference. Since you've got plenty of time on your hands, how about European delivery? Take the wife for a nice "honeymoon" in the old countries and enjoy your car's first miles in its native environment.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Well since you asked.

PDK, ugh... shift it yourself or teach your young bride how to operate the 6-spd. Think of it as a couples session... she should go for that.

Bose - overpriced brand of mediocre quality in a car audio system that you will not see much benefit from, given the 911 acoustics. Spend that money on something else.

Silver seat belts... I assume you will not keep the car for a long time, as those belts will start to get dirty over time and discolor. Black belts are the only way to go unless you are replacing the car every 3-4 years.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:40 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Thanks folks:

First, I have done a true European delivery the old way. took delivery Christmas Eve 1977 on the last 911 S the factory sold a silver one. And it was parked right in front of the entrance to the main building at the factory. 15,000 marks. As to the silver seat belts, yes they will get dirty over time but they do add a nice color contrast to the interior. I changed the order to the normal power seats as my wife does not like the sport seats. As to making her drive stick. She did that very well to maintain my Porsche during my four tours in VietNan so she passed. As to me getting to drive stick I will keep either my 2008 Cayman S with six speed or more likely ( and in bet you A..) my 1983 Euro spec 911 SC set up for the track. The 915 transmission is not nearly as smooth as the current manuals but she is a sweet car that will run and corner with the best..... besides she is air cooled. Hi. No seriously I'm looking forward to the new 911 (ops 997) but will keep a manual in the stable as long as I can. I just don't know which one yet. Please keep the comments coming, your thoughts just may remind me of something i forgot.

Yes we want the nav, and yes the garmin Nuvi is a inexpensive sub (in fact I have one in the pick-up) As to the Bose, not wild about them in the house except the wave radio but in the car they are OK. Remember 43 years of flying so great ears went south long ago.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:45 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Minok
Well since you asked.

PDK, ugh... shift it yourself or teach your young bride how to operate the 6-spd. Think of it as a couples session... she should go for that.

Bose - overpriced brand of mediocre quality in a car audio system that you will not see much benefit from, given the 911 acoustics. Spend that money on something else.

Silver seat belts... I assume you will not keep the car for a long time, as those belts will start to get dirty over time and discolor. Black belts are the only way to go unless you are replacing the car every 3-4 years.
I think I answered the young bride and teach her to drive it. After 41 years with this wonderful lady she did it and chooses not to drive it any longer so I give in on the small stuff.... and when you have a great companion like her everything else is small stuff. Honestly PDK is not all bad and I'm not becoming a wimp fighter pilots don't do that... its the 11th commandment
Old 09-26-2008, 07:46 PM
87 944 C
Drifting

wait who's car is this primarily, yours or hers?
Old 09-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Jlangmd
Racer

Paint the rear console in exterior colour, and the seatbacks too. Nice contrast, silver with blue!
Old 09-26-2008, 08:17 PM
AngM018
Instructor

Instead of the rear locking diff, get the PASM sport suspension package ($950 option on an S.) not only do you get the locking diff, you get the following:

Spring rates adjusted for sportier Feel
lowered another 10mm over base PASM(giving you 20mm total.)

you get those two additional features on top of the locking diff for the same money.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:19 PM
ThatOneGuy
Instructor

My only comment is that I wish I was in your position. It's going to be a great Porsche.

Quick Reply: Comments on my proposed order