Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SEATBELT WARNING TONE

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 06:00 PM
968PORSCHE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

20 Years ago I didn't always wear mine, then one day I used it. Both cars were totaled, not my fault. The thing that amazed me was how my nearly straight arms just buckled on impact like a ragdoll. The impact forces are just too great for a human to withstand. (Yes I did tweak the stering wheel a bit). I've never gone more than 10 feet since then without one on, that means even moving it around the parking lot I put it on.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

To quote a very wise man: "Stupid is as stupid does..."
Old 09-29-2008, 03:26 AM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

And another wise man: "you can't fix stupid"
Old 09-29-2008, 04:16 PM
TAch Miami
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I had the tech guy disable my seat belt chime. Instead of going on forever, it gongs seven times when the belt is unbuckled and then cuts off. It sounds quieter too.

Some service advisors who are worried about liability won’t write up disabling the seatbelt tone but the service tech will usually do it. I also had the mirror dip on reverse and door locking when moving off enabled.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:27 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TAch Miami
I had the tech guy disable my seat belt chime. Instead of going on forever, it gongs seven times when the belt is unbuckled and then cuts off. It sounds quieter too.

Some service advisors who are worried about liability won’t write up disabling the seatbelt tone but the service tech will usually do it. I also had the mirror dip on reverse and door locking when moving off enabled.
The mirror only dips on reverse when the mirror adjustment switch is set to the RH mirror. You just had to change the selector to the LH or ctr position. You can change the door locking via PCM I believe but you would have to RTFM to find this out.

Hopefully you didn't pay more than a couple hundie for the changes.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:37 PM
beowulf
Instructor

Default seatbelt tone

When driving around parking lots in LA looking for a spot, which can take a long time, I would often prefer to take off my seat belt except for the annoying chime.
I'm glad it can be disabled. I'll take it to an indy if the dealer won't disable it next time.

911 40th. Anniv..
Old 09-29-2008, 09:06 PM
TAch Miami
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MLindgren
The mirror only dips on reverse when the mirror adjustment switch is set to the RH mirror. You just had to change the selector to the LH or ctr position. You can change the door locking via PCM I believe but you would have to RTFM to find this out.

Hopefully you didn't pay more than a couple hundie for the changes.
I just made up a list of computer work and he did it as a favor since a friend of mine does the dealer's high end aftermarket sound systems. I also let him take my car out for a test drive since he had some doubts about the order he just put in.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:07 AM
smackboy1
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
It's not that easy. The only thing I would suggest is to purchase a metal seatbelt end (male) without the strap and have it handy in the car for the times you want to move the car without belting in.
Another option is to extend the rear belt forward and plug it into the front receiver. I do that when wearing the harnesses on the track.

Quick Reply: SEATBELT WARNING TONE