Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

first mods are on their way... Heh!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Dan@SharkWerks
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I thought I'd share my experiences here, since I finally had a ride in the car and drove it about 45 miles through various terrain.

The exhaust is somewhat aggressive. I still haven't heard it from outside the car, but it sounds great from inside. Windows down all the way. I haven't heard it over 5000 RPMs yet since we're taking it easy on the car for now.

I didn't find the PDK on-wheel shifting as bad as some people did. It's hard to get used to around corners, and lights up at night so you can see where on the wheel it's at if you need to find it.

It shifts really fast. REALLY fast. Sitting in the passenger seat it sounds quick, but while driving you can really feel it. It clicks to the next gear just about instantly, noticeably improved over the tiptronic. The downshifts sound good. I am trying to find an effective way to mount the mic to the rear of the car.

There were no rough downshifts (unless I pressed 2-to-1 or something excessive) or low-speed stumbling. It drove like a really fast automatic when at low speeds. The gears seem close, but the overdrive is great for the freeway. I think in top gear it was 2000-2200 RPMs at 70-75. Maybe Alex can confirm, he was driving when we noticed that.

The interior is nice. The steering wheel is comfortable. Alex slyly turned the heated seat button on me (twice) while driving in 75 degree afternoon weather with the windows down. I can verify that the heated seats work. This car has the sport seats (which are really good), so no vented seat...

We configured the touchscreen PCM to use Alex's phone with bluetooth and made a call on the speaker. The volume was good and they could hear us just fine.

The car seems peppy with a lot of torque, but I was gentle on the RPMs and probably never went over 1/2 throttle in the fifty miles. I knew James would be shaking his head since the motor's so fresh. :O I'll hold my judgment of the acceleration until I've really wound it out.

It seems like every car I drive has completely different brakes. I did not have a chance to test them much on the new 997, but felt that while the brakes come on strong if you need them, the pedal isn't as predictable as the older cars for sudden movements. Maybe this would result in faster lap times, but it was a little scary the first time I had to slow suddenly. I probably just need to get used to the car more before I talk about the brakes or suspension.

PS - Last time I looked at the odometer, the car had 110 miles on it since birth.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:50 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Round 1 was to get rid of the stock wheels in favor of some 19 inch HRE Monoblok P43's in brushed....

Old 10-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Tinluver
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics.So not used to seeing Porsche in green; a bit hard to register.I have felt green color was a bit out of fashion?Car looks great in most any color
Old 10-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Tinluver
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw the green 09 today.Sorry did not like the color at all.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:52 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tinluver
Saw the green 09 today.Sorry did not like the color at all.
No worries it's not for everyone I'm just partial to green.. whether it's RS Green or this green
Old 10-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 129 Posts

I commend you for purchasing a green Porsche. (One of my past dealers used to call them "Theft proof green!.") My first Porsche was Zambezi Green,--you gotta love MOST of the Porsche colors/ It's time we saw more of what that terrific paint shop can do out there in Zuff.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 230 Posts

I have to say that the Racing Green is really growing on me more and more with each pic I see. I'll have to swing by Ira to see one IRL.
Of course colors like Yellow, Red, and Orange are still the best IMO.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:36 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Coochas
I have to say that the Racing Green is really growing on me more and more with each pic I see. I'll have to swing by Ira to see one IRL.
Of course colors like Yellow, Red, and Orange are still the best IMO.
Same here.... You have to see it in person. Just looks different but in a nice way I think...
Old 10-10-2008, 06:27 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here's a little video test update for you guys now that we're done with Stage 1 level upgrades (SharkWerks exhaust and EVOMSit)....

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/F...97S_190100.htm

Oh and I do like the launch control
Old 10-11-2008, 07:00 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 128 Posts

Sounds great Sharkey. I just took delivery of my 09 Carrera S a week ago and the exhaust note has to change. As you know it is way to quiet stock. I will check out the website for more info but when is your exhaust system ready to ship?
Old 10-11-2008, 07:04 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 128 Posts

Sharkey, looked on the website but could not find the new 2009 mufflers and or exhaust. Let me know price and availablility.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:51 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Edgy01
I commend you for purchasing a green Porsche. (One of my past dealers used to call them "Theft proof green!.") My first Porsche was Zambezi Green,--you gotta love MOST of the Porsche colors/ It's time we saw more of what that terrific paint shop can do out there in Zuff.
Haha.. thanks and yes I'm partial to green for some reason Zembezi was awesome too! I almost got the aqua blue as that's another nifty color. I'm just done with silver or black (except in the case of the Raiders).
Old 10-12-2008, 09:51 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mdrums
Sounds great Sharkey. I just took delivery of my 09 Carrera S a week ago and the exhaust note has to change. As you know it is way to quiet stock. I will check out the website for more info but when is your exhaust system ready to ship?
Hey mdrums, congrats on the car and I know what you mean about it being quiet. Trying to address that now Drop me an Email or give us a call and I'll go over some options etc...
Old 10-30-2008, 07:40 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Just got some "spy" shots of our green PDK car with some more parts on it:P

Quick Reply: SharkWerks Picks up Kermit MKII 09 PDK 997S