Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brey Krause harness bar install, GT3 seats too

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008 | 09:42 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Default Brey Krause harness bar install, GT3 seats too

Last night I installed a Brey Krause harness bar in the C2S and here are my impressions.
The written part of the instructions was good but the pictures were just a bit better than useless. Small B&W photos showing the Brey Krause black parts being installed in a car with a black interior do not show much detail, and it looks like they used a copy machine to reproduce them. The other thing that almost turned into a huge dissapointment was that the instructions started with telling you that if you have full power seats you will need to order a special plate. Nowhere on their website mentions that, and the dealer did not mention it either. It worked out fine for me because I was putting in the GT3 seats at the same time.
Once I got by the instructions everything else fell into place and the rest of the install went smoothly. Parts are well made and the bar looks good in the car. I spent about three hours on it last night, but that included removing the passengers seat and installing that GT3 seat twice. After installing the seat I had to remove it and bolt the Schroth lap belts to it. Won't make that mistake on the drivers side.
I'll need some time to see if I like these seats. So far it looks like they are a bit higher than the power seat and I may have issues with my helmet hitting the sunroof frame, won't know until I install the drivers side. Other thing I don't like is that I can no longer use the standard shoulder/lap belt because the buckle goes out with the OEM seat.
Old 09-12-2008 | 10:25 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
Other thing I don't like is that I can no longer use the standard shoulder/lap belt because the buckle goes out with the OEM seat.
That is not too safe for street driving... Why not xfer the buckle to the new seat??

The Schroth lap belts attach to the seat frames??

Some pics would be nice!!
Old 09-12-2008 | 11:28 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

I just found out that I can transfer the OEM tunnel side to the new seat, and also plug in the seat belt warning thingy too. Not worried about street use as the car will be trailered, at least until I get it all sorted out. I may end up with a 4 point setup and switch back to the factory seats.
Old 09-12-2008 | 01:57 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

4 pt = NG
Old 09-12-2008 | 02:37 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Schroth makes a 4 point set for autocross and DE days. I looking to keep myself in place for autocross so I can concentrate on driving. Not many easy solutions for Porsche seats with the fixed headrest. I'm looking into an OEM part that may help.
Old 09-12-2008 | 05:35 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJones
4 pt = NG
Ditto

Quick Reply: Brey Krause harness bar install, GT3 seats too