Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions re: '09 turbo specs

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008 | 10:37 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by OCBen
Ditch the wart and you'll have one beautiful car without that hideous blemish!
The turbo is the one car that actually benefits in a real sense from the sport chrono--as you know the NA cars only remap the throttle, while the turbo actually permits overboost of the charger when SC is engaged to up the torque from 470'ish to over 500 ft/lbs.

I was never a fan of the 'blemish' on the dash, but I would definitely not buy a turbo without it.
Old 08-23-2008 | 11:56 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Cowhorn
I have updated my specs and am getting ready to place my order. Would you guys give them a look again? See original post (top of page one).
Great specs!

The only item I didn't see on your list is Door Finishers in Leather. However, I did not see that item listed on the 2009 Configurator. That item is now part of the Interior Leather Package, which includes a few other items. Below is a pic of the Door Finishers in Leather. Maybe that individual option is listed in the Order Guide, which I do not have. I think that really helps complete the "Full Leather" look.

FYI
Attached Images  
Old 08-23-2008 | 12:11 PM
Luus
Pro

WOW That's going to be a stunnning and very tasteful car.
Old 08-23-2008 | 01:32 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by InTheAir
The turbo is the one car that actually benefits in a real sense from the sport chrono--as you know the NA cars only remap the throttle, while the turbo actually permits overboost of the charger when SC is engaged to up the torque from 470'ish to over 500 ft/lbs.

I was never a fan of the 'blemish' on the dash, but I would definitely not buy a turbo without it.
I wasn't aware of the over-boost capability. It's a shame Porsche hasn't decoupled this option package yet.

The stopwatch has nothing to do with these other features you get when you order this option. I just don't see the connection and the apparent necessity of requiring that you must have the stopwatch if you want these other features, as though safety depended on it. And if you were to get it without the stopwatch, safety would be compromised, and Porsche would not want to be liable for any compromises in safety, and so they have mandated that if you want these other desirable features that heighten performance, by God you're going to get something utterly useless to fidget with while you're breaking the rear end loose. Whether you like it or not!

For a manufacturer who takes pride in allowing customers to customize their orders by letting them pick and choose even the smallest of small leather appointments to complete a really full leather look, it is completely out of character for them when they go the Nissan route here and bundle up a package of options and essentially say, "Take it or leave it -- this ain't Burger King and you can't have it your way."

Makes no sense to me. It's a shame really. Oh well. I might be needing to put up with it myself if I were to get a turbo.
Old 08-23-2008 | 03:12 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

I agree completely, Ben.
Old 08-23-2008 | 09:47 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

I also went for the "leather everything" interior, including the roofliner which is an expensive option, but looks very nice in cocoa
Old 08-25-2008 | 10:56 AM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Thanks, all

Tim: You are so right. The door finishers in leather are great, so I am going to get the leather interior package.

Luus: That is exactly the effect I was going for. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2008 | 08:16 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Jim:

You have a PM

Mike

Quick Reply: Suggestions re: '09 turbo specs