Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uncomfortable seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my Adaptive Sport Seats! If you can't find a way to be comfortable, trade you Porsche in and get a Lexus or a Benz. It's a sports car and not that you should be uncomfortable, but you have to understand the German way of driving, which is upright and alert, no distractions, just you and the car.

With the "***" type, there are so many ways to adjust these. The only thing I do wish was the pedals were adjustable.

Go and sit in a GT3 and see what you think of those!

Deanski
Old 08-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read Vic Elford's book "High Performance Driving Handbook" as a reminder and follow the instructions. Most people sit too far away and too high.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

I'd like to hear from the OP......

When someone says that either the Sport Seats are too uncomfortable, or the regular- I always recommend the Full Power, or Adaptive's. They help support your leg's and inseam.

On another note I drove with a new owner of one of the GT2's we just sold, with the Full Carbon Seats.....

HOLY MOTHER OF GAWD............HEAVEN IN A SEAT!!!! wowzers.............
Old 08-07-2008, 01:11 AM
sharmat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

5'9" 155 lbs; with the standard power seats....work just fine for me. I guess it would be expensive to change to "***".
Old 08-07-2008, 01:22 AM
lig
Racer

Another vote of "support" (sorry! ) for the *** seats. Excellent.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:17 AM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sharmat
5'9" 155 lbs; with the standard power seats....work just fine for me. I guess it would be expensive to change to "***".
Once in a while you can find a used set of *** that mount the same as standard power seats. I've seen them in the $2500 to $3500 range, usually black.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:45 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 399 Likes on 272 Posts

The 911 seats are excellent, but setup is key and driver size matters.

The proper setup, if your body fits, is:

1 - Back almost vertical, perhaps 2 degrees reclined.
2 - Seat bottom as low as possible. Seat bottom's longitudinal position such that when you push the clutch to the floor your leg makes an angle of about 120-140 degrees.
3 - Adjust the steering column (vertically) so that its axis points to your collar bone
4 - Adjust the steering wheel (front-to-back) so that your arms are bent at about 80 deg when your hands are at 9 and 3.

If you have to compromise favor hands and arms position.

This is the setup I use and it's what Vic Elford recommends.

Sports seats are not more comfortable. They give you better lateral support if you track your car.

Last edited by ADias; 08-07-2008 at 04:00 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:57 AM
purrybonker
Pro

Originally Posted by NYNick
1700 miles and I still can't find the right seating position. Maybe there are too many positons to choose from, but I can't seem to find one that's comfortable. Probably just me. Going on a 1400 mile road trip next week so maybe it'll work itself out, but damn, it's not like this is my first P-car or anything! Am I alone on this?
Me to! But I'm a bit obsessive/compulsive and suffer from too many choices with power seats. For me, it ended up I was trying to keep the seat too far back and too low. Now it's all good.

I generally prefer the arms-out Alpha Romeo style seating and was trying to force that with the 997. Doesn't work.

I used the 3 different memory positions to try different combinations and swapped back and forth frequently until I found the right mix. Just load some "test" positions into the memory slots and then swap 'em around at red lights, etc. 'till you start to see what's working and what isn't.

I still keep a different positions in memory for highway cruising and city driving.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:47 PM
simplysql
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once in a while you can find a used set of *** that mount the same as standard power seats. I've seen them in the $2500 to $3500 range, usually black.
sounds like a posting on Craigslist :-)
Old 08-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by simplysql
sounds like a posting on Craigslist :-)
Classic!! lol
Old 08-08-2008, 04:57 AM
Mtn Busa
Intermediate

This may be like my home theather. I hated it at first, then we spent a few evenings in there with a bottle or 2 of wine, getting to know the subleties. I figured out the settings without the "pressure" of paying attendtion to the movie, or if my wife liked it too.

It might work if you hang out in the car in the driveway on a nice cool evening with a cocktail and some mood music.....you know, slowly introduce yourself to her and don't rush the intimacy. (LOL!)
Old 08-08-2008, 06:46 AM
eljeffo64
Racer

Originally Posted by Mtn Busa
This may be like my home theather. I hated it at first, then we spent a few evenings in there with a bottle or 2 of wine, getting to know the subleties. I figured out the settings without the "pressure" of paying attendtion to the movie, or if my wife liked it too.

It might work if you hang out in the car in the driveway on a nice cool evening with a cocktail and some mood music.....you know, slowly introduce yourself to her and don't rush the intimacy. (LOL!)
Absolutely correct: I've got *** and love them but it took a few set up sessions to get the perfect position. Fortunately with *** there are 3 memory buttons so after the cocktails and dinner if you get lucky just press position 2 (or position 3 if you get really lucky!!)
Old 08-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Now those are two of the funniest posts I've seen in a while... Thanks guys.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:46 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

*** FTW!
Old 08-09-2008, 06:36 PM
eljeffo64
Racer

FTW! - thats the memory option on key 2 I think.....

Quick Reply: Uncomfortable seats