Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is radar jamming or laser jamming illegal in Calif?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 05:30 PM
JJB236
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is radar jamming or laser jamming illegal in Calif?

How are these different from the so-called radar detectors? Which brand and which method are the most cost-effective? Anyone got in trouble for having one in the car?

If a cop spots a bright red 997TT that is going much faster than the traffic-flow, and points a laser gun and gets no reading, what will he do at that point, when he knows that the 997 is obviously speeding? Will he follow the car or will he call in for a back-up or will he just wait for a next car? Hmmm... I wonder if cops need an evidence of speed.

I think these topics have been discussed before, but I wanted a Cliffs version
Old 07-14-2008, 05:52 PM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Looks like they are, taken from: http://www.1stradardetectors.com/rad...ector-laws.php

Radar Detectors in California: Radar detectors are legal to use in California, however it is illegal to use to hang anything from the windshield with suction cups. Drivers in California might be interested in our Radar Detector Visor Holder.

Laser Jammers in California: Laser jammers are illegal to use in California.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Anything that emits/transmits radio waves within the radar fequency (radar jammers) are illegal in most states and can be fined as well by FCC. However, light emitting transmissions (LED used to jam laser) are not illegal in all states, but illegal in some.

Always check with your local/state laws.

Deanski

Quick Reply: Is radar jamming or laser jamming illegal in Calif?