Sponsored by:

Vinyl bra

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:03 AM
sharmat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Kevin
Actually i do have the clear bra. But what freaked me out was that some the color in the bug splatter had been absorbed by the clear material and didnt coume out initially. I wonder if heat makes the clear bra more permeable to the color in bug protein/enzymes??

Actually the spray sounds like a good idea. Is it detail spray?
I just pre-soaked with some Griot's car wash (dispensed using a spray bottle) and wash off. But there was some staining of the clear bra this time which got me worried. I did come out in the end though.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Kevin K
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sharmat,

I just use plain old water to clean away the fresh bug splatter on the go. I suppose car wash shampoo or detail spray would be fine, but then I presume you'd likely have to rinse it too. Water seem to work just fine. I spray it and wipe it with a lint free cloth. It also works fine for cleaning away bird crap on the paint before it hardens. The acidity in that is definitely worse for the paint or the clear bra.

Kevin
Old 06-13-2008, 01:46 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I guess Victoria's Secret doesn't carry any
Old 06-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by sharmat
Dan, did you get the one without the cut out for the license plate? And put the plate over the bra?
I ordered mine with the cutout. You can order them without it. I actually sewed up the conventional plate location (higher) and located my plate at the bottom center opening (already there on the Colgan). I didn't go for the fancy speed lingerie because it would cause people to think that I cared too much about the looks. It's merely there for a little protection. I take it off and launder it regularly, and during trips, it goes in the hotel tub and then hung up to dry. If it's not dry or clean (ditto the car) it doesn't go on.

I've field tested it to about 160 mph on the autobahn. Not a problem with lifting.

Quick Reply: Vinyl bra