Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience with Casari's in Houston?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 04:52 PM
am722
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Experience with Casari's in Houston?

Has anyone had any work done at Casari's in Houston? I found a post on the 944 board (from 3 years ago) recommending them, but I couldn't find anything else. I just got off the phone with them and they quoted me $250 to repaint my door...which seems a lot cheaper than I was expecting. They also said they would need to do the whole door instead of just the keyed area, which is contrary to what I heard from some here a while back.

If you've had a great experience with anyone else in Houston for paint work, I would love to hear that, too.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:42 PM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

In Houston the two best shops are Casaris and Independant. I havent had work done myself but I have seen their work which is excellent and guys in the club all swear by them.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:47 PM
am722
Drifting

Originally Posted by maverick
In Houston the two best shops are Casaris and Independant. I havent had work done myself but I have seen their work which is excellent and guys in the club all swear by them.
Thanks! That's all I needed to hear.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Brian S
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't had any experience with Casari's but since someone mentioned Independent I wanted to give him a thumbs up since he has done work for me in the past.

but Jr Jimenez over at Independent (713-462-6947) has repaired 3 of my cars in the last year with great service and a perfect repair job and will stand behind his work.

it has been rough coming out to see my Porsche or Honda Pilot dented/mangled every time I eat somewhere. I swore I would not buy another black car and sure enough, I have a red one now so people have no excuse that they couldn't see it!
Old 06-05-2008, 01:41 PM
am722
Drifting

Originally Posted by Brian S
I haven't had any experience with Casari's but since someone mentioned Independent I wanted to give him a thumbs up since he has done work for me in the past.

but Jr Jimenez over at Independent (713-462-6947) has repaired 3 of my cars in the last year with great service and a perfect repair job and will stand behind his work.

it has been rough coming out to see my Porsche or Honda Pilot dented/mangled every time I eat somewhere. I swore I would not buy another black car and sure enough, I have a red one now so people have no excuse that they couldn't see it!
Thanks for the recommendation; I will check them out.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:06 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Here's another one for you. Modena Autowerks. I used them when my first 997 was hit. They did a very nice job, and I'd use them again.

http://www.modenaautowerks.com/
Old 06-05-2008, 10:24 PM
am722
Drifting

Originally Posted by mglobe
Here's another one for you. Modena Autowerks. I used them when my first 997 was hit. They did a very nice job, and I'd use them again.

http://www.modenaautowerks.com/
Thanks. Here's a stupid question that for some reason I can't find the answer to: does Porsche still shoot Glasurit at the factory? I thought they did, but I also think I saw somewhere that the RS Orange is Dupont (or 3M--no idea where I'm remembering that from and may be manufacturing it). The only reason I ask is because Casari's claims to have the only Glasurit process in town.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Brian S
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good question, I would try the other two shops and see if they agree with what Porsche is doing and if they agree what the best process is. Unfortunately I don't believe you can fully match the paint, I sold my last car because of this even though the repairs were top notch.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:14 PM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

There was a car show on TV not long ago and they were at the factory and it was mentioned they still use Glasurit. In fact i believe they even went to the Glasurit factory on the show. I just had a small scratch fixed at the dealer(since they put it there!!!) and they use Modena Autowerks. I had them re-do it as I could see a tape line and now it looks fine.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:19 PM
am722
Drifting

There was a car show on TV not long ago and they were at the factory and it was mentioned they still use Glasurit. In fact i believe they even went to the Glasurit factory on the show. I just had a small scratch fixed at the dealer(since they put it there!!!) and they use Modena Autowerks. I had them re-do it as I could see a tape line and now it looks fine.
Good to know. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:29 PM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ok so you got me curious and so i went surfing. Check this link and click the arrows under the picture for other shots. http://www.porsche.com/uk/aboutporsc...ons/paintshop/
Old 06-06-2008, 09:39 PM
am722
Drifting

Ok so you got me curious and so i went surfing. Check this link and click the arrows under the picture for other shots. http://www.porsche.com/uk/aboutporsc...ons/paintshop/
Very interesting. Can't wait to visit the factory some day myself.

Quick Reply: Experience with Casari's in Houston?