Sponsored by:

New Pics - A little different front end 997 -

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 12:03 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default sure you did.......

Sorry just never a fan of referencing mentally challenged people (actors or not) as the butt of any joke. Congrats you just joined the company of someone with bad taste in humor. Your the man! And your first contribution/post to the forum to boot....nice entrance! Draxxa you have a new buddy.....

Originally Posted by vman4639
Nice Bubba reference - made me laugh out loud - I knew exactly what you meant when I read it.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:09 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default hey how are you.....

Hey, You missed the first local P car rally on this past sunday evening....nice turn out for the first one, we cruised right by your house through Holliston and the back way through Milford etc.... I will ping you details on the next one.

Thanks for the comments on the car...... the stock look will always be classic and a beauty, but I have always had the mod bug. Just a fine line when modding IMO if you cross that line and you go from unique to....well not that attractive.....BM shifter goes in soon, then the coil over question, then finally the SC debate will begin...... TPI or RUF.....never ends....

Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
It's your car brother... if you like the look that's all that matters. I think you have a very nice very unique 997 in a sea of very look-alike 997's (mine included).

Way to go!! Can't wait to see it in person.

Matt
Old 06-04-2008, 02:52 AM
draxa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Sorry just never a fan of referencing mentally challenged people (actors or not) as the butt of any joke. Congrats you just joined the company of someone with bad taste in humor. Your the man! And your first contribution/post to the forum to boot....nice entrance! Draxxa you have a new buddy.....
What on earth are you gabbling on about, Mick?

Where did the 'mentally challenged people' suddenly come from?
Old 06-04-2008, 07:28 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by draxa
Did doctorpcar or B/T come back to the forum?
Old 06-04-2008, 11:52 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default clarification

I thought the character you referring to was challanged in the film (haven't see film in 10 years so guess I could be incorrect) and seemed like you referenced him as the butt of your joke. At least how I read it. Just not a fan of that style of humor is all. If that wasn't your intention, I understand I guess, just the way it came across to me. Moving on....back on topic.

What on earth are you gabbling on about, Mick?

Last edited by mickfluff; 06-04-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:57 PM
ImaReallyCheapGuy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm seeing Bubba in "Forest Gump".

Cold.

Bubba's Mom would say "If you can't say something nice...."

But then I'm a Stupid Newbie, whatta I know?
Old 06-04-2008, 02:50 PM
habbud
AutoX

I like it!!!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:13 PM
draxa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm quite shocked by the complete absence of humour running in this thread.

Mick - you posted your photos and asked for opinions, accepting that some would be negative. I said I'm seeing Bubba in FG. I thought it was quite amusing - pardon me, I now see that that subtlety was - even on the web - audibly whooshing over your head. Not everyone appreciates my sense of humour; mea culpa.

But, excuse me, it must be said; that comment had nothing to do with anyone being 'mentally challenged' or with being unkind.

I looked at the pics of your car. I saw a huge lower-lip. The character Bubba had the ***** of all lower-lips. Q.E.D (or so I thought.)

I'll temper my opinions in future - and my advice to you is to stop asking for opinions unless you actually want them.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 111 Posts

I thought the overall look of the car was pretty sharp in person when I saw it this weekend. I agree on the questionable addition of downforce, but it gives the car a unique look without screaming attention *****. Nice addition in my opinion.

S.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:45 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default that OK

yes I did post for feedback good or bad, just the way your bad was packaged I guess was what I didn't care for. Few others did not approve of the mod and again thats OK..... I asked for feedback. Not a big deal, I did not flame anyone back, moving on....

Next month more pics on the way with some new mods and will post again for people to comment........

I'm quite shocked by the complete absence of humour running in this thread.

Mick - you posted your photos and asked for opinions, accepting that some would be negative. I said I'm seeing Bubba in FG. I thought it was quite amusing - pardon me, I now see that that subtlety was - even on the web - audibly whooshing over your head. Not everyone appreciates my sense of humour; mea culpa.

But, excuse me, it must be said; that comment had nothing to do with anyone being 'mentally challenged' or with being unkind.

I looked at the pics of your car. I saw a huge lower-lip. The character Bubba had the ***** of all lower-lips. Q.E.D (or so I thought.)

I'll temper my opinions in future - and my advice to you is to stop asking for opinions unless you actually want them.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Cesko
Instructor

Personally, I'm not a fan, but it's your car and if you like it then that is the important thing.

On another note...nice wheels.

Quick Reply: New Pics - A little different front end 997 -