Sponsored by:

Exhaust Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 10:26 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by docjackson1
i certainly appreciate all the feedback. how much do these systems cost installed? i know that the pse doesn't alter warranty-how about the other systems that you mention?
The FisterD hack was $100 for take off mufflers, $170 for the hack and about $100 shipping to and from Fister's place. I installed myself which took about 1.5 hrs. on a drive on hoist.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:39 AM
sws1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PSE installation is about $400, because of the wiring into the ECU.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:16 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

doc - i put on the PSE. i chose this for 2 reasons. it's factory, which does not make that much of a deal for exhaust and because i can turn it off and on. fwiw,

brendan
Old 06-02-2008, 04:15 PM
dndodd
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I think I have the best of all worlds. AWE headers and CATS with a REMUS exhaust. Plus an x-51 Air box, RSS PLENUM, RSS Throttle Body and APR software.

Nice performance with a little different noise. The AWE exhaust was too loud for me. At highway speed I get more road noise than exhaust noise just like stock but the car does sound better. This set up is not for people who want a loud exhaust.

I tried just putting the Stock exhaust on with the AWE headers and CATS. The noise level didn't bother me it just didn't sound that good. The Remus pulled everything together with a very tolerable noise level, european, I would guess.

Don't by this REMUS if you want a loud car.

Last edited by dndodd; 06-04-2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by docjackson1
help me, oh knowledgeable rennlisters and professors of power and acceleration. what would be the best exhaust upgrade that i could accomplish on my 08 carrera s 6 speed, that would give me the best kick *** sound, and would maybe give me some more hp, and would hopefully keep my warranty. what would this cost installed. i don't have the sport exhaust in this car. i would love my car to have the sound quality of a ferrari, or at least that type of a throaty sound.. what do you of great experience suggest?-thanx
docjackson1,

I urge you to give us a try.

Our systems have been very popular with the NA 997 crowd. So popular that we are having a hard time keeping product on the shelves.

We are very proud of it and I am sure other owners will chime in on their experience. We are not the cheapest, but we hope that owners will pay a few dollars more for a great product and exceptional service both before and after the sale.

We also have a 30 day money back guarantee!

Shoot me an email if you have questions.
mike@awe-tuning.com

Please visit our web site for more info:
http://awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/p...IL=997Sexhaust

Hand fabricated and TIG welded on site

200 cell HJS catalyst that will keep you CEL free

Equal length headers with flycut flanges for a perfect fit

Old 06-10-2008, 06:37 PM
nmporsche
AutoX

Originally Posted by sws1
Haven't heard them all, but I loved the sound of my PSE. I took it off my C2S before I sold it, so if you're interested, check out the For Sale ads.
Did you sell your pse? I have an 06 c2s and would be very interested in buying your system.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:50 AM
sws1
Pro

Originally Posted by nmporsche

Did you sell your pse? I have an 06 c2s and would be very interested in buying your system.

Yes - my PSE is sold. Will be shipping it shortly. Sorry.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:04 PM
996superfly
Instructor

Originally Posted by nmporsche

There are two PSE for sale on 6speed. Check them out!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:01 PM
phaphaphooey
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would check out GHL if you want something fairly loud. Although not mentioned often they are sponsors and do make a great and fairly affordable exhaust.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:29 PM
R13
Advanced

I've run both FS and Tubi. IMHO; Fabspeed for a grunty, more muscle-car sound, Tubi for a higher pitched, European, more refined sound...once again, IMHO. I suggest the exhaust and matching 200 cell Cats for the full experience. Unless weight loss is a concern, I wouldn't bother with the headers.

Expect to pay 2x over the cost of the Fabspeed for the Tubi system. I would also suggest the WERKS/Champion F77 Intake System or a similar CAI to get every oz of performance and acoustic value out of your set up.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:22 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
docjackson1,

I urge you to give us a try.

Our systems have been very popular with the NA 997 crowd. So popular that we are having a hard time keeping product on the shelves.

We are very proud of it and I am sure other owners will chime in on their experience. We are not the cheapest, but we hope that owners will pay a few dollars more for a great product and exceptional service both before and after the sale.

We also have a 30 day money back guarantee!

Shoot me an email if you have questions.
mike@awe-tuning.com

Please visit our web site for more info:
http://awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/p...IL=997Sexhaust

Hand fabricated and TIG welded on site

200 cell HJS catalyst that will keep you CEL free

Equal length headers with flycut flanges for a perfect fit

Concur...I have the AWE exhaust in my 997 and it is awesome. Just finished shooting a few tunnels today on the way home and man did it and the car put a smile on my face. Also I can personally vouch for AWE's warranty and customer service. Second to none for what it's worth to ya!
Old 06-18-2008, 04:02 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

I gained 22 hp at the wheels (from 270.1 to 292.1 rwhp) on the dyno with my Carrera from a Fabspeed exhaust and a K&N 63 series intake. How much was due to the exhaust over the intake? Don't know. I never dynoed them separately. By comparison, you can talk to RUF who will tell you they see 0 increase on the dyno with PSE even on a Ruf 550 Turbo.

Sound wise, it depends on how much sound you want. With the Fabspeed there is no resonation at cruise and it is very mild sounding under low rpm acceleration. It does open the sound up more at upper rpms. If you are looking for a louder, meaner sound that can be heard blocks away then go Tubi. It is the loudest exhaust I have heard on these cars. Both are straight through tube designs which should add some ponies versus the restrictive 3-chamber design of the stock/PSE systems.

Last edited by 10 GT3; 06-19-2008 at 05:20 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:40 AM
LeNoah
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 16 Posts

Would LOVE to hear from anyone who has tried AWE cats with Borla cans. I"m looking for the power from the cats with a deeper, but not too loud, noter.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:49 AM
CPais
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have'nt een them on n NA Porsche yet but a lot of peopl are installing those electronic exhaust cut-outs. There is a switch in the car that has ten settings and it will open a flap in the exhaust to ten different sizes giving you different sounds. It is installed before the mufflers. fully open it is like running an open header and it gets progressively quiter with every setting all the way back to stock when close.

At first it was popular with the hot rodders but now I see a lot of BMW and Benz guys putting it on there car. Maybe you shouldl look into this option if sound is what you are looking for.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:58 AM
gwier001
AutoX

Default exhaust cut-outs

The exhaust cut-outs sound interesting. Could you enlighten us as to who sells them and maybe a website or URL?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Exhaust Upgrade